100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Hi jef
In post 464 you have shoed photos of amp.there are 3 pcbs one is amp, second is psu and third seems to be input selector. if yes please help with pcb diagram

It is a protection card from Velleman K4700, not a selector.

For little Offset, you need to connect a ground wire from psu to input gnd connector. (12V offset without this wire and 3mv with !). You can see it on pictures.

my AX14 is now playing since a few days and the sound is very good. No hiss no hum. good bass.
2 channels, 2 regulated psu, 2 little 120VA transfo. sound is loud ... i listen with my preamp at -30db. (source is a squeeze box, or marantz cd player with tubes output).
I recommend AX..it is easy to built if you read the advices)

my AX14 is now playing since a few days and the sound is very good. No hiss no hum. good bass.
2 channels, 2 regulated psu, 2 little 120VA transfo. sound is loud ... i listen with my preamp at -30db. (source is a squeeze box, or marantz cd player with tubes output).
I recommend AX..it is easy to built if you read the advices)

Jef, do you compare AX14 with some other amps, and try with different speakers?

My speakers are KEF104 (good UK speakers from the 80's) in perfect state. Yet, didn't listen with other good speakers. My others AMps: a symasym 5.3 sound with a little more précision in medium than ax but less bass. A STK4044XI module amp: sound good but a little harsh. A Quad405 (have to listen to it again, no advice if compared to Ax.)
Have a pair of full range speakers i didn't try yet with AX.

Sir which is the correct component layout

Attachments

• APEX AX14 component layout.jpg
    APEX AX14 component layout.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 2,930
  • APEX AX14 correct layout..jpg
    APEX AX14 correct layout..jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 2,595
Hi Miles,
Please tell at what dc offset voltage the speaker disconnect.
How do I know if the protection is active? Can we add LED for indicating the speaker on or off?

Thanks,
Raj

DC protect on speaker terminal can be use if rail voltage is over +/-40V DC, and if there is fuses in rails or amplifier output. If on amp out exist over +/-35V DC (output transistor broken), triac short circuit speaker output, and rail fuses blow. This will protect speakers without disconect.
Regards

My speakers are KEF104 (good UK speakers from the 80's) in perfect state. Yet, didn't listen with other good speakers. My others AMps: a symasym 5.3 sound with a little more précision in medium than ax but less bass. A STK4044XI module amp: sound good but a little harsh. A Quad405 (have to listen to it again, no advice if compared to Ax.)
Have a pair of full range speakers i didn't try yet with AX.

I like old KEF speakers 103 and 105 is my favorite, and bass unit B139 is legend.

Mile Sir,
I am waiting for Pcb layout and pcb Size of Regulated Psu and protect for b5oo.
Also required transformer rating.
Currently i will be mounting only two pairs of transistors, I will add more in some time is it fine.
transistors are MJL21194-94

Kindly guide. as i have to go to city to purchase components.