Trust, the most delicious Dx Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sometimes one or two each day..when health is fine

I have developed a method to calculate...it is just ohms law..and my boards are easy to be made.... also i can use a single board with several amplifiers, even having different topologie because i am hardly trained to do such thing without problem.

Also i do not create absolutelly nothing..my circuits are not new...not my creation..they are alike Doctor Frankstein creations... the input is traditional..the differential everybody uses...the VAS i can have ideas from Doctor Self and others..it is just a copy with resistances recalculated to my own needs and decisions taken...and so on.... in the reality in our modern internet world, no one creates nothing..or almost nothing...to really create a new idea...oh!..this takes a lot of time to develop a brand new circuit..and people does that...result those monsters with 50 transistors... because the effort to be original, to make something no one made..them the guy enter the complexity....and build a monster that normally results awfull in sonics....but they measure fine!

My method is so flexible that electrons sometimes travells from plus to minus and other moments goes from minus to positive (the correct direction)... this made my life easier... mind flexibility is an exercise..we are all the same..but we can exercise our mind not to be Robots.

The fact that i do not care if the amplifier will result pretty or not makes things easier to me.... this way you can be fast.... as i do not use to keep the amplifiers, the idea is only to listen and them try another one, them i can do very ugly as they will not remain under my eyes for too long time.

It is just philosophy.... and exercise doing... each day you will discovering another way not to loose time.

Everyone can do the same..the problem are folks personal needs..they want very beautifull, very perfect, nice looking, simetrical, professional boards..and all that stuff takes time.

If you accept to make a dirty work, not nice looking, spider construction, then you gonna be fast..its up to you dear Bigun

regards,

Carlos

Here you have TM - Trust Midrange

Those versions, TB, TM and TT was not tested.

This is the midrange unit.... flat from 400 to 5 Khz....so, it is complementary with the bass unit and the treble unit.

Of course, some capacitors may need some tweak into real life to a better adjustment into crossover points.

400 hertz and 5 Kilohertz are those points.

The basses are going from 10 hertz to 400 hertz
The mids are going from 400 hertz to 5 Kilohertz
The high unit is going upper 5 Kilohertz

be happy,

Carlos

Attachments

• tm - trust midrange.pdf
    67.6 KB · Views: 228
Boys, if you are interested and have Multisim 10

I will be glad to send you Multisim 10 files...this way you will able to check things and also to tweak to adjust crossover frequencies to your taste.

Just write to:

panzertoo@yahoo.com

And inform your Email adress and i will be happy to upload you the Multisim 10 files.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• multisim 10 files.gif
    multisim 10 files.gif
    45.4 KB · Views: 727
Brazilians have started to build the Trust

It has a lovely coloured sound....it is different.... into the simulator it is almost perfect...fourier excelent, THD excelent....but reality is another thing...lovely and delicious sound..... that longer bass.... sounds almost the same as the Dx Amplifier bass, but has some "velvet" on it...interesting dry sound.... looks alike some decay..... nice....very nice boys!

I will leave the scope plugged on it to watch this sonic decay.

Different compared to modern amplifier sonics.... the treble seems more strong and present..bass seems more deep than usual...also voices are nice (less clear than modern circuits).... interesting lovely delicious old style sonics.... from my young ages..... i am very happy to listen it.

Soon, many folks will be buiding it here...now a days only 4 are doing....i am the fifth one.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• dsc08466.jpg
    dsc08466.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 679
I have not build using Alex mm lovely board

Looks pretty.... very good boards...but wife has made wrong sized copies into lazer printer... she will make new ones, with bigger image.

I have no laser printer in my home..she use to produce 2 or 3 copies in her job when i need them.

regards,

Carlos

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Board was wrong...i have prepared this inverted one

to use together laser printer copies and hot iron transference method.

regards,

Carlos

......................................................................................................

This one is 95 by 70 milimeters.

......................................................................................................

Attachments

• 94 x 70 milimeters, hot iron transfer, copy from laser printer.pdf
    34.1 KB · Views: 250
Trust amplifier sounds delicious

Not the best, not the most powerfull, not the warm sonics you have in the Dx amplifier, not the huge power you have in the Precision 1 or DHR Turbo....not the excelence of Dx Blame ES,... it does not "scream" so loud as the HRII (good to guitar)......but sounds delicious.

Good to make during a raining day...or a weekend.

Here is an audio sample:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCgfcnGJetE

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
You can use several power transistors dear Sachiru

Yes, you can use these other ones... but they are in excess, an overkill... the one i have suggested is an overkill too..we can use smaller ones..even to220 may fit.

Observe maximum voltage from colector to emitter, and almost all them can face 40 volts.... even TIP41C/42C... almost all modern ones avaliable...exception will be AD161 and AD162, old style Germanium types.

2N3055 and 2N2955
TIP3055 and TIP2955
MJE3055 and MJE2955

Really, will be hard to find the one will not work there.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.