Trust, the most delicious Dx Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear Lumba, you express things with the same kindness we feel when we

have sandpaper rubbing the skin.... and your words usually brings the ligthness of a wounded elefant.

I love you Lumba... i wish the distance between us... from Sweden to Brasil...remains the same!!!

I am very proud about this amplifier..it is better than yours.... as you have made none! (hohohohohoh!)

regards,

Carlos

Re: Be carefull folks with pre conceived ideas.... prejudice is terrible

destroyer X said:

Those folks are afraid to assemble and listen, because this toy will smash their sophisticated amplifiers...they will be sad, they gonna drink full schnapps bottle, and will fell down into the street and embraced into a tree, their dogs will be licking their faces.... this is what they are afraid off.... to be crying and drunk!

You mean like these guys?

http://www.bloodydecks.com/gallery/files/1/3/4/4/yoga-Mexican_2.jpg

Worse than that dear Sheldon!

ahahaha!.... some folks may hate big fat Charlie.... ich bin nichst ein Enginner (i am not an enginner) and i use to create things, copy things and to say they are mine...ahahahahahah!

They use sophisticated calculations and i use ohms law...at the end, some amplifiers i build sounds better than their high Tecnology stuff.

heheheheh.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• drunk-guy-prank.jpg
    drunk-guy-prank.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 514
Well dear Lumba... the first step to your long adventure

can be done... hold your beautifull swedish soldering iron and put your hands and brain to work.

The first one we never forget...i would be happy if your first one will be one from my amplifiers.

In the place to be acid with uncle Charlie...come on!... let's be close friends..this is much more enjoyable

regards,

Carlos

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
Carlos revealed his secret to me privately. It's not the solder, it's the method of applying it that makes it sound good!

This particular instrument has .0000003% THD apparently, and sounds great. Be careful though, there are a lot of Chinese fake ones on eBay.

Attachments

• soldering iron.jpg
    soldering iron.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 648
The excess of solder cover the etching process failures

also board becomes huge..... the third advantage is you will never have copper lines off the fiber board, because when you solder you gonna melt the surface while the deep solder (the one touching the copper lines and board) remains cold, or at least not too hot....there are dissipation along the solder lines.

Another advantage is that if you have shorts, you will never have copper lines burned.... the solder lines can resist more than 40 amperes..so.... will never burn because supplies usually do not produce so big ammount of power, even during short circuit moments.

The main advantage is that you can glue, attach your board into metal chassis or even heatsinks, because under the board there's no electrical connections...so you can glue, remove once again..and glue once again...and so on.

Other interesting advantage is that your components will have a ground plane under the board..because component leads are very near some metalic surface (metal chassis or grounded heatsink)... this is very good to stability.... the distance is the board thickness only.

But the better advantage is that you can use it and use it again and again ...board last for long ..you will be able to build several prototypes into the same board, because it is almost undestructable.

Another advantage is that you can see your connections observing board upwards.... alike a schematic upper view, there you have all circuits, this helps to check your board...not needing to use lamps and observe boards using transparency methods.

The less important issue into this sittuation is how much solder you gonna spend, so big are the advantages you have using this method...it is very natural and intuitive too..alike windows...intuitive.

Thank you because you have asked.... i am in a big struggle to show forum folks the advantage to this system to ugly prototypes...a long time i use to do this...but seems nobody perceive the advantages...back my postings only silence... a rarity when someone perceive how valuable is the method.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• prototype board.jpg
    prototype board.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 643
Great Babowana!.... this is the style

Sometimes we can produce boards scratching it..using a metal ruler and a sharpened steel screw driver...sometimes we can use a saw blade...also we can use High speed drilling machines with rounded bit for erosion (Dremmel machine).... there are many ways to produce those boards.... not only chemical etching.

Thank you by the nice support Babowana.

regards,

Carlos

I have visited ahead amp.com..... will be nice...good the electronic informations you have there.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.