I have found a special amplifier, am trying to contact the designer - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st November 2008, 09:01 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default I have found a special amplifier, am trying to contact the designer

An English language teacher in my place (my daugther teacher) have shown me an amplifier made and designed by Mr. Steve Dunlap... i have felt down from my chair listening to it.

I have tried to buy the unit but i could not....the guy came from Nashville and said the unit is made there.... USA.

I am trying contact with him to see if i can have the amplifier, if he has a DIY model i can publish.

The unit sounded wonderfull... and using regular standard speakers...so.... a very special unit, seems to be class A with some automatic control...NOT MUFLED!.... delicious amplifier.

This is the new i have...if someone between you folks, knows Steve Dunlap, please, ask the man to mail to me.

Steve Dunlap wanted!

panzertoo@yahoo.com

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carlos eugênio.jpg (64.3 KB, 2977 views)
Old 1st November 2008, 09:33 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Boys.... you know me... if i have it you gonna have it too

I will try a DIY free to use version if his unit is a top secret.

I have found someone in Nashville to search for Dunlap.

Thomas.... C2sea..... we are waiting for you.

Move and help me folks..... if i have it you gonna have it too...move!

regards,

Carlos
Old 1st November 2008, 09:43 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Steve Dunlap

Quote:
Steve Dunlap?
"They were Wisdom Audio prototypes designed by Steve Dunlap, of Memphis, with the Adrenaline in mind. ... "

This Steve Dunlap should match with yours.

More at for example
http://www.soundstage.com/masz02.htm
Old 1st November 2008, 09:53 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default Wanted!..... alive or alive!..... reward is our happyness!

A very dangerous man to be free (rid) of us!

Alive or alive with reward to capture the man!

My Christmas gift...to myself and i wish for your all too.

Catch the man!.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fotos 625.jpg (72.4 KB, 2874 views)
Old 1st November 2008, 09:56 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default You all have a responsability in front our communitty

Depends on you!

Catch this man for us!

We have to persuade him to show this amplifier!

Man!!!... it is very special...we cannot let him scape from us!

The man is in USA....try telephone!... catch this man... i will be on knees asking him the schematic.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fotos 630.jpg (47.0 KB, 2810 views)
Old 1st November 2008, 10:07 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default Yeah Windehann...... absolute adhrenaline

Pure Kriptonite.

My daughter said:

Please Steve Dunlap

Be good to my dear daddy, he is so sweet...so nice, so friendly, so cooperative...

Make daddy happy this Christmas!

It is up to you Stevie.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fotos 557.jpg (73.3 KB, 2959 views)
Old 1st November 2008, 10:23 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Default The man is a "big shot"....a important man..but has a heart too

He is audiophile alike us... already very wealthy, ... very rich.

We can try... why not?... to have from him some DIY special design...maybe not so great and perfect alike his amplifiers, but can be something very good for us.

He can introduce....or i can introduce and people can try to develop...forum has "big heads" too.

During 5 years of my life i was super important.... a real VIP .... Akio Morita used to call me to talk...and i was never snobish and never hard to be reached, always i had a good heart.

Dunlap has a heart too...we gonna catch the man.

First we have to find some personal friend of him...then we gonna have big chances.

Find the man!.... i will do the job.

regards,

Carlos
Old 1st November 2008, 10:44 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:

>I have found a special amplifier

Man, don't you know that all amplifiers sound the same?
Old 1st November 2008, 11:00 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Default Almost the same.. differences are, and are very small

Also we use to pay a lot of money to obtain this small differential in quality..the small advantage.... sometimes parts selection, sometimes circuit complexity or simplicity...sometime the price you pay is too much big to the small advantage you may have.

This unit seems to be class AB...as idle it is cold, may have a special circuitry to modulated the bias increasing it following the signal (turns real hot..but this is acceptable as managing audio power sent to speaker...clever heat!).. this is something i am dreaming about since many years ago.... input level tracked dinamic biasing system...and from AB to class A, the opposite we use to find...normally they start class A and then switches to class AB.

Some amplifiers matches non special speakers..some of them offers you a little bit better trebles, more clear basses... interesting sound stage... less fatigue to long time listening.

All them are very good... very difficult to find a really bad one...and all them have good characteristics.

One plays good the basses, other reproduces nice treble, others mid ranges and dinamics, sound stage, noises..well...many combination of features and characteristics.

Some of them bring the realism near you...they are very difficult to find...i have found 10 units during 48 years searching.

Also, my dear, do not worry about what i use to say...i am an open minded guy, always searching...studying, reading , listening, researching and i can change my mind.... well... i hope!

Because it is a tragedy if we keep the same old idea all life...means we have a very hard and rigid brain, not opened to new informations, seems the guy is biased and not clever...i hope you do not take my year 2004 words as definitive.

Hey man!>..i am still alive!... since 2004 i have made hundreds units, i have readed 23 books and hundreds of magazines and have burned all my fingers many times.

And about you...do you still think the same you had in mind when you had 11 years old?

For sure you have evoluted and not the same anymore..do not ask me to be the same when you are not.

By the way..be good with Charlie... do not mess with your friend... at least the green awfull smile into your smilie seems not so nice as you use to be.

regards,

Carlos
Old 1st November 2008, 11:59 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

I just couldn't resist tossing that in.

It never fails when discussing the sonic qualities of an amplifier that some seemingly well intentioned individual with absolutely no experience will come up with the typical " don't all amplifiers sound the same?" Or another one of my favorites "Why don't you just buy Bose?"

Carlos,

Over the years I have grown to understand your gift of the english language and your passion for what we here seem to prize so highly. Just kidding about the bit of all amplifiers sounding the same.

Hide this!Advertise here!