I have found a special amplifier, am trying to contact the designer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
An English language teacher in my place (my daugther teacher) have shown me an amplifier made and designed by Mr. Steve Dunlap... i have felt down from my chair listening to it.

I have tried to buy the unit but i could not....the guy came from Nashville and said the unit is made there.... USA.

I am trying contact with him to see if i can have the amplifier, if he has a DIY model i can publish.

The unit sounded wonderfull... and using regular standard speakers...so.... a very special unit, seems to be class A with some automatic control...NOT MUFLED!.... delicious amplifier.

This is the new i have...if someone between you folks, knows Steve Dunlap, please, ask the man to mail to me.

Steve Dunlap wanted!

panzertoo@yahoo.com

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• carlos eugênio.jpg
    carlos eugênio.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 3,388
You all have a responsability in front our communitty

Depends on you!

Catch this man for us!

We have to persuade him to show this amplifier!

Man!!!... it is very special...we cannot let him scape from us!

The man is in USA....try telephone!... catch this man... i will be on knees asking him the schematic.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• fotos 630.jpg
    fotos 630.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 3,205
The man is a "big shot"....a important man..but has a heart too

He is audiophile alike us... already very wealthy, ... very rich.

We can try... why not?... to have from him some DIY special design...maybe not so great and perfect alike his amplifiers, but can be something very good for us.

He can introduce....or i can introduce and people can try to develop...forum has "big heads" too.

During 5 years of my life i was super important.... a real VIP .... Akio Morita used to call me to talk...and i was never snobish and never hard to be reached, always i had a good heart.

Dunlap has a heart too...we gonna catch the man.

First we have to find some personal friend of him...then we gonna have big chances.

Find the man!.... i will do the job.

regards,

Carlos

Almost the same.. differences are, and are very small

Also we use to pay a lot of money to obtain this small differential in quality..the small advantage.... sometimes parts selection, sometimes circuit complexity or simplicity...sometime the price you pay is too much big to the small advantage you may have.

This unit seems to be class AB...as idle it is cold, may have a special circuitry to modulated the bias increasing it following the signal (turns real hot..but this is acceptable as managing audio power sent to speaker...clever heat!).. this is something i am dreaming about since many years ago.... input level tracked dinamic biasing system...and from AB to class A, the opposite we use to find...normally they start class A and then switches to class AB.

Some amplifiers matches non special speakers..some of them offers you a little bit better trebles, more clear basses... interesting sound stage... less fatigue to long time listening.

All them are very good... very difficult to find a really bad one...and all them have good characteristics.

One plays good the basses, other reproduces nice treble, others mid ranges and dinamics, sound stage, noises..well...many combination of features and characteristics.

Some of them bring the realism near you...they are very difficult to find...i have found 10 units during 48 years searching.

Also, my dear, do not worry about what i use to say...i am an open minded guy, always searching...studying, reading , listening, researching and i can change my mind.... well... i hope!

Because it is a tragedy if we keep the same old idea all life...means we have a very hard and rigid brain, not opened to new informations, seems the guy is biased and not clever...i hope you do not take my year 2004 words as definitive.

Hey man!>..i am still alive!... since 2004 i have made hundreds units, i have readed 23 books and hundreds of magazines and have burned all my fingers many times.

And about you...do you still think the same you had in mind when you had 11 years old?

For sure you have evoluted and not the same anymore..do not ask me to be the same when you are not.

By the way..be good with Charlie... do not mess with your friend... at least the green awfull smile into your smilie seems not so nice as you use to be.

regards,

Carlos

I just couldn't resist tossing that in.:D

It never fails when discussing the sonic qualities of an amplifier that some seemingly well intentioned individual with absolutely no experience will come up with the typical " don't all amplifiers sound the same?" Or another one of my favorites "Why don't you just buy Bose?"

Carlos,

Over the years I have grown to understand your gift of the english language and your passion for what we here seem to prize so highly. Just kidding about the bit of all amplifiers sounding the same.;)

Great!.... i was thinking that way.... say, about your intentions

I just do not like the green smilie..... seems to me provocative, cynical, not too much friendly.... also envy i connected to green colour (at least inside my poor and troubled sick mind).

Well.... i do think modern humans are very sick..... almost all them have at least a small disturbance.... you see.... we go bothering ourselves about quality... some details....in place to enjoy to listen music we go searching for" lices into a bald head" (no hairs no lices!).... so.... searching for something does not exists.

Be happy.... i am sorry by my misundertanding....never mind... you have a friend here.

Ahahaha!....kidding, of course.... because this smilie is normally used to bother folks

Carlos

I wish i could know that...why they sound so different

I can tell you a lot of things about... a big list of possibilies to generate good sound.

But this means i do not know exactly what does that.

And awfull thing....nobody knows that!

there are a lot of guys that has more pride than inteligence..they say they know...not really... they also do not know they are just proud!

ahahahaha.

The one knows...really knows..will tell you in simple words.

For instance.... "output impedance and standing waves there.. wrong phase related voltage and current there...EMF"

Man...this is just an example!

The ones does not know...alike me..will write a book about.... but will conclude nothing..empty lines... a fooling reading only.

Mooly.... not good this question...you know that i do not know that...so...i will frite a piece of cow now...will have a barbecue thinking on you!

regards,

Carlos

Unfortunattelly we have lost Graham Maynard (not into the forum anymore)

Because we had one guy bothering him a lot inside this forum.

We have lost Graham...a big pitty..almost a crime against our community the one had bothered him.

Graham was a scientist... he told about EMF...he told about Standing waves and distortion...first cicle distortion..also he told about how to correct crossover distortions into class AB amplifiers.

The standing wave ratio is a measurement used by Ham.... Radio Amateurs.... who knows if it is usefull to audio too.[

I do not know.

It has a bar that connects the input to output inside the metal case there are the main bar and two auxiliary copper bars very near the main direct bar (goes from input to output directly)....the other bars will capture magnetic energy and will rectify and filter using a condenser...the switch will show you direct and reflected waves and the potentiometer is used to zero the rigth extreme of the meter scale into the direct wave switch position.

then you will be able to know the reflected signal.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• graham has told us.gif
    graham has told us.gif
    12.3 KB · Views: 2,833
And this yellow one seems the guy is drunk!

ahahahahah!....no way to make me happy with them

ahahahahah!

All those thing depends culture and subjective ways to perceive things... they are not really international language.

this one, for instance..has not meaning to me!:smash:

"smash" has no sense to me!...in the place of a hammer we can see a race track flag to the Champion of Formula one!

This one we do not do for man...only for woman...not good for Macho male to receive that from another male;)

When US people shows fingers saying OK!..in my culture this means other thing...hehehe...not so nice.

So...this is the reason why (i think) Chinese and Russian does not stay our forum too long.... they may see this offensive in other ways.

regards,

Carlos

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Carlos, you misunderstand,
I know you don't know why ( the technical whatever why ), I dont know why, you know I don't know why also.
I want to know ha ha :D We all want to know,
Important question, what are you hearing, can you put into words why it is different. This is what I have found. Why !!! Why do some amplifiers have that magic ? It exists :) I know. What is different about the circuit topology that creats this magic.
I have found my own answers to this but it's really interesting to hear other views.

eat more chicken !!!

I found some amplifiers more "Real"...more realistic...more high fidelity

more close to the real thing.

You know...when waves breaks at the ocean shore..the beaches for instance, you have "espuma"...water mixed with air bubbles..liquid surface tension....... this dissolves and produces a sound... the real sound is just "realistic" and cannot be confused with eggs friting into hot oil can... cannot be confused with rain noises...watterfalls are different sound.

Claps for instance..are not the same as rain falling into steel or aluminium (metalic) roof.

Thunder has not the sound you have when you heat an oil barrel with a hammer...nor if you hit is using a soft object.

I use to play guitar.... and i know the noise fingers does when passes over the guitar strings.

Also when you do not feel the mufled and mutted sound (absence of sound reflections) you have inside the studio...some good recordings have reflections they produced..others not...some amplifiers shows this to you (airy) others not....the presence or absence of Atmosphere around the recording set.

You know...you feel the real thing.... what is realistic is brigth...the big bell sounds alike a big bell and metal hitted is clear to you as playing into your listening room.

If you perceive as a recording.... so you had not entered the "magic"... or the speaker is bad, or the amplifier is bad or recording is bad or combinations of them.

Some amplifier proves you the sound is "real"...you know..this is magic...IT IS NOT REAL!..IT IS A RECORDING!

I do not appreciate to talk about those things... a lot of people more crazy than i am enter to say a lot of "airy"... "deepness"... "translucid"...."opac".... "brigth".... "hot"... and a lot of crazy names.

The idea is the magic to recreate the reality...the real sound you know..if the music recorded and the reproduction system can recreate you the real thing...even not beeing the real thing..then it is very special.

Will not feed this subject..sorry...will attract crazy folks...and i am already satisfied with my own crazyness and i do not want more crazy ideas into my mind.

regards,

Carlos

Because i have explained what i think you may conclude.

Well Mooly...you may conclude:

- " So, Carlos, as you know the amplifiers are good... tell me the ones ! "

I just cannot, as some of them are good for one style of music and not so good into other style of music. (Doctor Sakis have perceive that too..good..at least some folks perceive that)

Another thing...you must discover by yourself, because good to me does not means you will feel it good too...my wife is good to me...maybe not to you (I hope!)

I cannot tell you the one.... to Classical music the one i have listened.... and i have created this thread because of it...to popular music i would use Symassym..... to very wide bandwidth music i would use Aksa.... to Rock music i would use HRII or DHR Turbo....to old style music, jazz bands from the fifties i would use Dx Amplifier Standard and many others...also P3A..... to Big orchestras without large bandwidth i would go to JLH 1969... to listen Koto music from Japan i would use Roender Amplifier... you know..depends a lot.

I am not here to tell the one is better... i want to know the one can be special with all speaker and all music styles.

And they have told you that Mooly?..... did they know that Mooly?...hummmmm...i will have a barbecue.... say...in other delirium threads alike this one...have they found solution or only i think..i think..i think..i think (this is not scientific)

Do not eat chicken...eat mool....say..... cow steak beef is better!

regards,

Carlos

You know..to give you a good answer:

build Symassym.... the one is really good..if not good to you, then replace your speakers, your home, your wife and your dog....as the problem is yourself...maybe the brain replacement will help too..ehehhehehehe.

Wanna the MOST perfect one?..the ultimate golden thing to all music styles?.... welcome to the longest search you may have into your whole life ..it may take all your lifetime as took mine.

regards,

Carlos

............................................................................................

Bye my dear...i will have a good steak and will download some more Elektra magazines too.

bye

Carlos-

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.