I have found a special amplifier, am trying to contact the designer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I do think the same way.... 35 watts minumum into 8 ohm and 50 to 70 watts into 4

This will drive almost any speakers at reasonable loud levels.

Not needed to ship Steve...just mail them to Washington...no importation, just internal US letter with ligthweigth parts inside, a single board and some transistors and one single chip.

Of course..it is up to you... would be much better a local guy to assemble, for sure will be.... Jennings can be the one.

Perfect!

Carlos

AKSA said:
Steve,

For my part, and I can't answer for others, your ownership of the IP prevents me taking too much interest as I make my living from building and selling amps. I would not want to infringe on your work, or designs, and this is why I took it no further.

I have a healthy interest in your design, but IP is a difficult area and I want all my products to be my designs.

Good health,

Hugh

This is why I never worry about competent designers stealing my design. Most of them want to sell their own work. This really helps keep the business honest. I always like to study other designs to keep up with what other people are doing and see what is new. I still prefer my own work. I will use any better parts, such as new transistors, that I see them use, but I feel that is OK.

You should feel free to build one or more of my amps to study and to evaluate sound quality. I have no problem with that. If you really like it I'm sure we can work something out. I no longer have any hope of marketing this myself, but I would like to be known as the designer of this circuit. Actually making money would be nice also, but right now I'm not sure how. Maybe, if Tom can get more involved, we could offer a kit.

Steve

Thank you Steve,

Entirely rational and fair. I appreciate your decision to post this design on the forum and withstand the glare of peer review in difficult circumstances. But I share your uncertainty about how to make money from amp designs!!

I particularly enjoyed the Tennessee turn of phrase!

I will stay in touch, and wish you good health,

Hugh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.