RMI-FC100, a single stage audio power amplifier

Thank you Vali,

Man, that is the hardest task in the hole project. My target is an integrated amplifier plus passive preamplifier and DAC inside one big aluminum case.
I am lucky because my brother have a small metal workshop and have access to a lot of tools. At the middle of this month the case will be ready but i have to find a place in Bucharest where i can do black hardcoating & anodizing all the parts except heatsink.

Mihai

Man, that is the hardest task in the hole project. My target is an integrated amplifier plus passive preamplifier and DAC inside one big aluminum case.

I know it's hard...very hard but not impossible.On my project I wanted only power modules and I work on the enclosure more than a month.The all case including heatsinks was made on a little factory in my town with my support.These guys made some nice duraluminium pieces for airplains (MIG-Bacau) and know to do a very good job.Too bad because I don't have the posibility to make another one very soon,but who knows...
Also for my monoblocs I work more than a month to make that design.My oppinion is if you put the passion first,it's impossible not to succeed.

For the passive preamp...I tested the Stevens & Billington comercial Xformers into passive topology and right now I work on some passive-active preamp (41step attenuator + fet-unity gain in classA)...a very good and simple design,but the costs is impressive.

...Anyway...your project it seems to be "all in one";) and with all the good "ingredients".
Andrea Ciuffoli has something interesting to read about DAC's.
I wish you best for your projects.

Vali

Denis,

Take your time, enjoy constructing ...
I'll wait for your review and hope it will sound for you as well as it sound for me.
I am very close to have all the project done, case, painting, cabling and so on.
I have to see if a RF filter from a SUN server power supply is good as a main input filter and if will have some influence in better sound fingerprint. Any of you have experience with that? (thank you in advance for any input)

Mihai

The amplifier sounds great..one of the best amplifiers i could listen

I suggest you all to build..

I am sure no one will regret.

If result no good to you...replace audio source, speakers, house or your ears..because for sure one of them is damaged.

I have asked friends to listen...all them, even the boring ones have appreciated and will build.

One of them wants to make a clone..ahahahha..his problem, not mine.

Congratulations.

Carlos

Attachments

• roender is good!.jpg
    roender is good!.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 2,235
Hi Mihai
for the moment it is not grounded.

I have made 2 type of Symasyms , with and without ground plane, and frankly i don't ear any differrences and stability is good.

I wil try a channel first and submit it to torture first, i will need a good dummy load to really replace a speaker, and i will measure it with a real TFT analyser.

I'm confident, it will work.

I have just finished matching my 30 pairs of output transistors.....:D

input filter

hello mihai

i create an AC/transient and DC-Filter for a preamp including
slow turn on (not really for preamp). Result: no Transformer and line noise.With some small modifications it's prepared for power. The schematic and board is Eagle.

just open a bottle Weizenbier prost
regards Ralf

Attachments

• ac_line_filter.zip
    85.2 KB · Views: 634
Hi Bob,

What's wrong with LTspice schematic exported in JPG and published at the beginning in this thread?
Your PDF is correct form topology POV but some transistors are different (BD139/BD140 instead of 2sc3423/2sa1360).
Is this exported from my EAGLE project?

Cheers,
Mihai