RMI-FC100, a single stage audio power amplifier

The problem Roender, is that we have a sub world of secret communications

Some "underground" of DIY audio forum.... were comments run more free...when people use to be humans and say nice and awfull things about amplifiers, people, behavior and those things.

Mails arrive here...from the sub world, the underground were truth and untruth is travelling confortable without moderators controling our sub behaviors..ahahahahaha.

Informations are going and returning very fast... ligth speed communications, and many folks already constructed your amplifier...many are testing, others dissecating, dismounting, inspecting, discussing, evaluating ...all that into the shadows of that dirty under world.

Maybe Mr. Sparkle ( i said maybe...i do not know..i am just trying to discover reasons of that inquisitive, those Sparkle questions)had received one of those mails, they are awfull, and works fast and effective as Spam..informations are opposite in value ...there are folks saying you came from the stars with your design and other subhumans (from the sub world) saying had crispy audio....

Subhumans imagining crispy as different than pure audio..they do not make associations with focused, detailed, present, loud and those things.... and some of them are attacking the circuit into the subworld, creating doubts, infecting the subworld souls with dirty viruses.

ahahahahahha... i use to visit them... i think they are humans..have qualities too.

regards from the dirty subworld of DIY audio forum.

I do not know if Sparkle visit, or receive visits from the sub dirty world...i was only imagining.

Your amplifier is making 100 times more noise into the subworld...the envy folks doing it and saying.

"How he can be so good..damn it..... yeah...yeah..let's burn this amplifier..yeah..yeah!."

I think some subworld idiot already sent a bomb over your amplifier... some ghost from the dirty shadows already scream that HAS DEFFECT folks!.... let's criticise..yeah!..criticise..yeah!

ahahahahahahahah!

Carlos

Carlos,

I don't care about subworld and subhumans, if they exist or not.
For me, my family and my friends the RMI-FC100 sound very well, more well than a lot of amplifier build upon schematics posted here or in other places ... and i have build many. The secrets of good sounding amplifier relay in build quality, PCB design, components used, topology and many other "minor" but very important things. If one can master it all it can build something really good.
This freeware project has a lot of secrets. Only the one who see things beyond appearance can build it well.

Mihai

Yes..for sure it is good...no doubts about that

I could listen positive things from non subterranean people too.

Of course it is good.

I have no doubts, and because of that i will construct, to listen and evaluate by myself if i like the sonics or not.

And will not publish a word about, because i use to adapt to the parts i have.

Because of that, non fair to evaluate something that have not followed your schematic.

Sadly...into the subworld things happens faster than our surface world..people prefer this way.... they will not expose their ignorance this way.

You see.... till now no one have constructed into the surface...at least i could not read that.... and i had informations of three units built into the sub world.

Maybe the will come to the surface...i do not know exactly what move them to be under the curtains.

Around 30 folks constructed and published things about my amplifier... i have the informs more 53 made it silently into the shadows.... they made this way because of many reasons.

Some because shy
Others because envy related the designer
Others to hide ignorance, not to show their weeknesses
Others because was not sure if will like and prefer to silent in advance
Others because selfish and dislike to help, to promote, to advertise or help people
Others because lazy to write, do not feel motivation to thanks people... do not perceive any advantage to themselves.

And many possible reasons i cannot imagine rigth now.

regards,

Carlos

Destroyer, Roender.... am i a guilty one here... i am only askign simple quesitons and need only simple answer... i have asked Mr. Roender if he can post waveforms of the output when driving the input with square wave 20kHz....
Carlos - why are you making fire...please....i am only searchin informs here if Mr. Roender has time and wants to post them here in forum... my intention was not to offend anybody...
man!... what happened here i do not know....

if i offended someone i ceartainly aplogize..... :(

I think i was going funny.... showing those things that usually happens

but nobody knows.

Sorry for that.... i think i was not funny enougth.

You are not guilty about nothing Sparkle... i am guilty trying to produce some fun when people is taking the subject at a very deep and serious level

At same time you made questions i have received informs things crispy and them i found funny... the coincidence...you asking 20 Khz informs and someone telling crispy to me into the mail.... the guy you do not know Sparkle.

I will avoid to be kidding here..not my beach..people serious here.

Roender said do not care about sub forum... seem he was not happy..you said i am putting fire...i see people not very happy with big Charlie..sorry..i was not funny this time.... no one can be nice and interesting to everybody and everytime..there are Greeks and trojans

Fui!...gone.... bye

Carlos

Sparkle,

Don't worry, it is rock stable.
Look at the Bode diagram, more than 60grd phase margin!
In real world, I've tested with sin 10khz 10Wrms in 8ohm||1uF. No smoke at all!

Mihai

ps. Did you receive the LTspice project and library files? You could simulate it extensively and learn a lot of things.

Attachments

• stab1.jpg
    stab1.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 2,907
You welcome, peace brother...i do like you and also like Roender

So...let's go ahead.... the amplifier is beautifull and soon will be playing good sound in my home.

I am waiting the field effects for today or tomorrow afternoon..and i will be constructing very fast and will be listening soon.

I will have half the quality and i am sure will be excelent, my parts will not be so precise, also my construction..but the unit is so good that even with half the maximum possible quality i will be satisfied.

Of COURSE will be good...a very clever, advanced and well done design

A hell to the subworld..but they are funny into my point of view.

regards,

Carlos

I have made my fast board for Mihai amplifier

The output is not the same...it is mine output.

Yes, i know Roender output is much more linear than the others, superior...i know that...but also i know how much better it is.

What i really want to know, to listen, to feel, is his input...the differences of his input.

Because of that, i am keeping an output i already know, that will sacrifice linearity and dinamics...i know that...will not let the input give all it can make.... but i want to see the input into my own output.... Mihai input advantages will be perceived.

Latter.... after conclude things (confirm the better quality and knowing HOW MUCH is better) i will try Roender hiper Linear output.

The input Linearity is what i wanna feel for a while in my first step.

The board has a lot of jumpers....not pretty, not perfect, but for sure will work and have small connections, length is small..capacitances between lines not big too (distance is big from one copper line to the one runs near) and i will check for shorts in advance the construction.

Soon i will have, the special pleasure, to listen this excelent design.

I suggest you to do the same.... folks...move your "s" and hands on work!

Do not be waiting for me to post evaluations... will tell Mihai directly...because i cannot post things with the modifications i have made..if you wanna know how this amplifier sounds..MOVE!

Mihai...i will follow your instructions.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• board for mihai amp, non revised.jpg
    board for mihai amp, non revised.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 2,732
Yes, there are always errors, more will appear during the construction

During the construction i use to go following the schematic and drawing in red over the connections made.... the moment of construction is also the moment when i face problems with the board.... all errors use to appear during that moment.

To go covering parts and connection lines allows me to check all connections if made and if rigth or wrong... and this is the advantage to construct into the copper side...as you could see, the amplifier interconnection lines are all there.... some missed are made using wire jumpers and you will see arrows showing those points.

Do not worry, at the end everything will be correctly connected.... i am doing this way, and always facing my errors during those last 46 years..... and the errors happens because i use to produce (to paint) the copper boards spending 10 or 15 minutes....a fast work, the way i like to make, and because fast, dirty and not precise...and i do not bother because during the construction, the assemble...everything will be fixed and will receive double check, or tripple check...will receive ohms measurement, resistance measurement from plus to minus, from plus to ground and from minus to ground and the same operation repeated with ohmeter probes inverted.

Also i use protective resistances during the set up and i use to check all transistors VBEs during the check up.... this way, wrong things appear showing strange measurements...not usual, no common measurements.

Thanks by your worries and concerns...but my method of work is really strange....not precise...too much fast..very dirty...a little stupid.... non sense...but WORKS!

Man...i do not deserve all your worries.... i will do so big mess with your schematic that you would be very angry with me.

I will put it to work into AB to compare with mine other amplifiers (this is to myself, not to publish)...also my Aksas, My Gem, my Symassym, my Class D and others i have here... the output is almost the same as mine HRII...with some good ideas from Aspen Amplifiers, Hugh Dean - Aksa.... i will adjust the sensitivity to match the other ones into the power peaks to avoid advantages in power to fool my conclusions.... well.... you will not feel very happy dear Mihai...sorry..... i am this way.... i construct thinking into my own needs, i have my methods, so i have to put things into some fair sittuation to compare circuit qualities.

That "thing" i will do will not be Roender circuit.... will have Roender circuit into the input and VAS.... drivers and output will be different..... the beautifull "never switching" driver with big current will not be used in my first testings...maybe after that.... maybe your complete and exact schematic will be constructed, but this i do not promiss...because all i want is to check the advantages of your input.

The question i have to answer to myself.. and answer listening, not reading evaluations, test reviews or simulator results.... reason why i am building is:

- "how my style of output circuits, will sound, together, Mihai input and VAS?"

Other question:

- " Is really the FET an advantage to the front end?"

My mind is inquisitive, make questions all time long...nothing is definitive, nothing is true to me before pass to my ear evaluation..nothing is really good before that...all i want in this life, my fountain, my source of pleasure, is the "discovery"..the sweet research, trying ideas from others and some from myself... in a very awfull selfish way.... all i want is mine satisfaction knowing new things...having SURE about circuits and ideas.

I have discovered that an straigth line is not the smaller distance between two points...worst than that..there's no straigh line in our world in in the space because of gravitation forces...the Universe is a curve.... i am always checking and checking.... i think i am very crazy.

regards,

Carlos

Re: Yes, there are always errors, more will appear during the construction

destroyer X said:

...because all i want is to check the advantages of your input.

The question i have to answer to myself.. and answer listening, not reading evaluations, test reviews or simulator results.... reason why i am building is:

- "how my style of output circuits, will sound, together, Mihai input and VAS?"

Other question:

- " Is really the FET an advantage to the front end?"

regards,

Carlos

Well, it will not be "my" input stage, because the frontend will be very nonlinear loaded.
In folded cascode or complementary cascode topology there is only one voltage amplifier stage and there is no VAS stage, an second stage with voltage gain and rail to rail swing. The LTP and current shifter, folded cascode, form a big input and in the same time VAS stage, with very high output impedance. It is paramount to not excessively load this compound stage, at least theoretically.
You are a very practical guy and your results will confirm or not this theory.
I'll wait with much interest your results.

You will be green of envy folks!...but i will listen Roender

front end today!

ahahahaha...not the real Roender schematic, only 2/3 into the left.

Yeah...loaded, smashed, modified, poluted..but i will be listening TODAY

I will know (will have an idea) how good it will sound....you will be eating whole day, having barbecue and becoming fat.... i will be dancing listening that nice sound.... wanna listen?... wanna listen?

Move!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 100_0543.jpg
    100_0543.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 2,445
Man!.... this unit really sounds great!!!!

I had some plaft, pow!... puff and pohff.

Have used wrong transistor and error into the board...very normal to me to do that.

But dancing, and singing...and happy....hairs into my arms are stand...feeling good.

What a nice amplifier.

Deep congratulations, double congratulations...great Mihai.

Doctor Roender from now on.

I can imagine how good it will be with the circuit respected into the details..... excelent unit..... very, very, very, very good sonics.

this is not the last image, the amplifier now is playing with output parts and more ugly because my mistakes made some fire on it..ahahahahha...good that.... even after fire it sounds excelent!

Remembers me the Symassym.... a little bit better, but the dinamics is the same (using class AB and 39 volts each rail..output is classical, very simple)

Yeah!...i know it can sound better than that...of course....but you know?... i am satisfied.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• great sound!.jpg
    great sound!.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 2,421
Thank You dear professor Carlos

Please, try to use my output stage, try to use as much bias as possible (class A) or as many as possible output devices correctly biased into class B (15...20mV over one Re).
You will find an amp with crystal clear trebles, no sibilance, and very very controlled bass response.
How much DC on output you find? How about turn on noise and no signal noise?

Thank You again for your good work and
Happy New Year!

Mihai