this lcd kicks @ss !!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
bought this lcd with 300:1 contrast and 25ms response time for under $250 (shipping and tax, bah), and was able to dissassemble it in like 20 mins, having never done so before. There is absolutely nothing blocking the lcd now, and it has plenty of cabling everywhere to sit comfortably when unfolded! I didn't think it would be this easy, all i have to do now is fabricate a bracket to hold it, peice of cake :D :happy2:
why does my overhead have to arrive on monday, i wanna see nowwww :bawling::censored:

Attachments

• dscn0443.jpg
    dscn0443.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 4,983
here come some specs

Panel Type TFT 15 inch
Viewable Area 304.1 x 228.1 (mm)
Resolution (MAX) 1024 x 768
Dot Pitch 0.297(H) x 0.297(V) (mm)
Brightness (MAX) 250cd/m2
Contrast 300 :1
Input Signal Analog RGB
Dimensions (344 x 145 x 326 mm)
Fated Voltage DC 12V
Power Supply
(MAX / Non Oprated) 32W / 3W
Power Management VESA DPMS
VESA Mount Interface Standard pass
Antitheft Key (Kensington Lock) equipped
and it does 32-bit color ;)

to start things off, i am not ywh....hehe....i am MbayAQ.
second, you can adjust the size of the image on the screen through the menu.
And third, my overhead projector arriving on monday is a 4300 lumen 3m 9700 projector with a 11.25" x 11.25" stage, methinks the diagonal area is right around 16", which should be large enough, correct me if im wrong.

diameter

you say that your panel has a diameter of 16" ??

wow , my ohp is a dukane 4003 and the fresnel has a diameter of 12"
the panel i use is a spectra and this has a diameter of 9"
also 4300 lumens.

i wonder when your OHP has so much nore surface to lighten, is it still bright enough?

J-P

Digital

This LCD looks sweet, only wish it had DVI...I am hoping to do the same thing, but was looking for an LCD with DVI. Couple that with a decent HTPC (i.e. something with a digital output) and from what I understand DVD's will look awesome :)

Anyone know of a 15" LCD with DVI that is as easy as this one to take apart? :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.