this lcd kicks @ss !!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The image isn't too dim, I'd say it's the screendoor effect that causes our headaches, cause it just looks, I dunno how to explain it, but it makes me see black lines when I turn away from the screen. Icky. I usually put the OHP out of focus just enough to get rid of the screendoor effect when I feel a headache coming. Today, I watched a full movie with it blurred and I feel fine, the other day, I turned off The Fifth Element and turned on the TV to finish it up, because I was feeling nautious. I'll try some things to fix it up, maybe I'll throw the OHP into high lumens mode instead of being so cheap. I ordered that zoom lens too, maybe that'll make a difference as well. Does anyone know if a Sharp QA-1650 remote control will work with the QA-2500? The guy that offered me the 2500 for $180 didn't have a remote.

Scaling

Hello MBayAQ.
My name is Rainer from Germany and i need
your help.

I want to do nearly the same setup like you
but i cannot find a decent TFT monitor here.

My problem is that i have planned all with
my Nview Spectra C which has a 9" diagonal.
I have buy'd this for 250$ but it is damaged.

The only way i can install this in my living room
gives me a Panel diagonale from 9" to 10" maximal !!!
All diagonales greater i (14" , 15" ) i cannot
handle in this room because my distance
is minimal 3,3 m.
If the panel is greater i had to be closer
to the screen but i cannot do this.

So i planned to get a 15" monitor with
1024x768 resolution but want only
to set this device it to 800x600 with black borders around. So my "projection" area
would be nearly 9" again.
So the great problem is that all TFTs i have
found here all do a upscaling job which
i cannot manipulate.
I mean that 800x600 will be upsccaled
to the full screen size which is again 15".

That's my problem.
Please tell me exact what your IO Date A15V
can do for me. If he is perfect i will try
to get one via shipping.

Keep in mind that i want also NOT to connect
the panel later with a PC.
I will connect this Panel with something like a XGA Theater. ( Video to VGA converter )
So this device i can tell it should do 800x600
at 60 Hz. Then i want a panel which
shows a 1:1 Black framed 800x600 resolution
without interpolations and scaling distortions.

I need infos what your panel exact does.
Or , do you know other panels which will
not scale too ????

Please, i'm very desperated.

best regards
Rainer

There's some type of software I heard about (in this forum) that I think allows you to pick whatever resolution you want, and not have it upscaled. I forgot what it's called, but I have the site bookmarked at home (I'm at work now). I'll try to remember to get back to you w/ it.

Scaling

Thanx for the hint, but ....

Some kind of software need some kind of PC !!

I say'd that i want do do it with a Video VGA Converter.
I cannot install software on that device

Nevertheless i'm also interested in the name of the
software.

Who knows ??.....

best regards
Rainer.

So is the (I-O Data LCD-A15V ) going to be a better LCD monitor to get over the (NEC 1545v)?

Has anyone found a place to buy it ?

And where is the guy who started this thread ( MbayAQ ) it's been a month I think from your last post on this thread....Don't leave us now, how is your projector going?

Good I hope.

I highly recommend buying one of these I-O Data LCD-A15V panels. Even though my first attempt with it was disappointing it wasnt because of the panel. I tried using a 400w bt28 as a light source and it was too dim for me. The thing really is easy to take apart and it looks beautiful. In fact I'm using it right now as my regular desktop monitor until I get my 7300 lumens ohp. I boiught it from the same people as mbayaq for $217 plus actual shipping.

THANK'S FOR THE REPLY Goldmoth,

So, after you took apart the I-O monitor the whole screen was still
good, no bad,dead or funny colored spot's or strip's ? The whole LCD panel still worked ?

Also I can't find the monitor on the link in this thread ?
Do you have a link to somwhere that has this model of LCD ?

Thank's for the help...

Lifter said:
There's some type of software I heard about (in this forum) that I think allows you to pick whatever resolution you want, and not have it upscaled. I forgot what it's called, but I have the site bookmarked at home (I'm at work now). I'll try to remember to get back to you w/ it.

Hey Lifter,

what was that software called? It wasnt powerstip was it? Because I downloaded it but couldnt figure out how to change the res like that. You don't mean change from 1024x768 to 800x600 though do you? Because I only really want to pick a res like 10 pixels different so that it *just* fits all the screen in the image.

Thanks

Hi Guys,
speaking of using DVI output from videocard and LCD monitor with no DVI input (only VGA input), is it possible to bypass VGA circuitry inside LCD monitor so we can connect digital stream from videocard via DVI output to digital circuitry inside LCD monitor?
Hi Rainer from Germany,
try software called Powerstrip or PowerDVD if I'm not wrong, to adjust your screenview. Try Home Theater Computer at AVS forum and search that topic.
http://www.avsforum.com
there are a lot of discussion about your problem.
See you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.