this lcd kicks @ss !!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nice work. Although I don't think they are selling that one around here, gah.

I have anyway been wondering about the dot pitch thing. That one has .297 dot pitch but I wonder how it compares to the projection panels around. I tried to find out a dot pitch from any projection panel but just couldn't. The question remains: will the image be more/less pixellated than with projection panel?

Can't wait to hear from your comparison between the nview and this one.

One sure benefit on new TFT would be that it wouldn't have any faded spots as my projection panel has and I would guess most of them do since they come with age.
F#?k if I could get one with those prices I would go for it but they cost around 500€ here so I really can't just go buy one and rip it apart and notice that "gah, this won't work" and "oops what was that sound" and "I wonder where these pieces came from" etc:) I would really need to know that it is a piece of cake to take apart and it won't break in hands very easily, like this one could be.

I-O Data is a manufacturer and it looks like you can buy only the LCD part from them, so you wouldn't have to rip anything apart, ans wouldn't have to buy the whole LCD Monitor

We could probably get the LCDs quite a bit cheaper that way

Maybe we could get a group buy going

ITS DONE

here pics, btw it looks great, and i found out i cant really adjust the screen size much, but it looks fantastic anywho!!!

Attachments

• dscn0468.jpg
    dscn0468.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 2,392
well, the LCD from the monitor is officially messed up but i am gonna work long and hard to fix it. Also, the nview panel i bought was pretty much DOA, so im getting my money back for it, and sorrie, no comparasions :bawling:
After i fix up the LCD, ill post some more pix of the other parts of my setup and whatnot.

MbayAQ said:
to start things off, i am not ywh....hehe....i am MbayAQ.
second, you can adjust the size of the image on the screen through the menu.
And third, my overhead projector arriving on monday is a 4300 lumen 3m 9700 projector with a 11.25" x 11.25" stage, methinks the diagonal area is right around 16", which should be large enough, correct me if im wrong.

heh, yes, the diagonal size of the stage is indeed 15.9" (~16"), but for a 15" (4:3 aspect ratio) TFT:

(4x)^2 + (3x)^2 = 15^2

4x=12 (width)
3x=9 (height)

meaning that the LCD would have to be raised slightly above the staging area to fit the entire image.

(or you could just convert the "viewable area" specs you posted from mm to inches :)

Jeebus! That's great quality. I have the same OHP with a Sharp QA-1650 and it doesn't even compare. I guess I'll be selling that off to afford myself the one you have ;) . Mmmm, LCD goodness...

Wish mine would look that good, but I only have this... That's from a ParaParaParadise VideoCD with both my monitors on and I think the middle light row in my room was dim, but I don't remember.

edit:
No, the projection is not reversed, the VCD is encoded that way to make the dances easier to learn, heh.

Attachments

• ikeike.jpeg
    ikeike.jpeg
    16.7 KB · Views: 2,028
Is there much of a screendoor effect with your setup? I'm really considering a switch. It would be cool if you could also put up screenshots of the QA-2500, as I had someone offer one of those to me after I had already purchased the QA-1650. It was a mighty decent offer, too. Let me know of any screendoor effects on either of those two, cause the 1650 gives us a headache after a couple of hours. Thanks...

TheGiver said:
Is there much of a screendoor effect with your setup? I'm really considering a switch. It would be cool if you could also put up screenshots of the QA-2500, as I had someone offer one of those to me after I had already purchased the QA-1650. It was a mighty decent offer, too. Let me know of any screendoor effects on either of those two, cause the 1650 gives us a headache after a couple of hours. Thanks...

I have a VG150 desktop panel with same res and 350:1 contrast ratio as my projection panel. I do not notice any screendoor effect to see the pixels I have to stand right up next to the screen and my projected image is 100". Although I doubt that it is your panel it is more likely a dim image causing you to squint or an out of focus image.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.