Full throttle construction of amplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Full throotle construction of amplifiers

I am happy...and proud, to tell that already received Anthony Holton NX-150, the next generation Mosfet Amplifier...also arriving in a couple of days the new Life force from Aksa.

I am testing the Snubberized supply from Carlos FM, trying to listen to the grass growing sounds...hehe.

The supply is not only Snubberized, has much more than that.

I am also constructing the Theta design from Bora...baraomega of our forum...this is an exclusive design he made to me, so i cannot show you schematic.

The image is out of focus, as the intention is to turn difficult copies of the perfect circuit board made in Aussie Amplifiers.

Thank you all,... the kindness to give me the chance to listen your nice products.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• anthony holton.jpg
    anthony holton.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 3,791
Maybe i will be able to listen the grass growing sounds...Epupas evaluation of

Carlos FM possibilities related the snubber and by pass used in FM supplies.

I will check that with care.... may be hard to listen those details...but i will try.

Close friends, needing to know what i perceive..... go direct to my mail...and them i will tell you softly, directly into your years...or eyes if reading text.

Normally i use audio comunications (MP3 compressed Wavepad audio files)..... typing is something too much old for my personal taste...is something old alike Germanium transistors...but those ones i like...hehe.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• snubber and by pass huge.jpg
    snubber and by pass huge.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 3,314
Wow! looks familiar, but very nice layout of the guts

I suppose this would be available with all the heat sinks, chassis, xformer, etc. (or is that available here, state side?)

Too cool, I might just get one for the bass thumpers (140+ watts >> 2 Htz and up, lots of damping) ... but I would probably try it as a main amp first.
:smash:

Thank you Mod_Evil and Leolabs...the snubber are also under the board

In parallell with the last condenser pins.....well...one of them, as i tune with three snubbers...also filtered with several, different values, capacitors...so, it is adjusted in many parts of the spectrum...will be a giant throat to end every oscilation and creating a low impedance source to amplifier.

Leolabs...the layout may he the Holton`s amplifiers..... as my boards are hand made and they have a lot of failures....thank you anyway because i am proud of Holton`s boards...to have that amplifier here to be assembled....but i cannot inform details about it because it is a commercial unit.

regards,

Carlos

Sorry VIctor, i cannot show details of this amplifier, as Bora do not want it

published for a while...maybe in the future.

Mod-Evil, capacitors were old, and many brands, alike a circus of colors....i decided to make them look almost the same.

Estavam muito feiosos vestidos....desnudos ficaram melhor na pele de aluminio....they were ugly, those caps, they turn less ugly into their natural aluminium skin color.

regards,

Carlos

I did not use the special high voltage capacitors that Anthony Holton is using

I decided to reduce supply voltage and re-arrange values and parts..... the hi voltage capacitors will be keept to use with my new supply (under construction) and together one more group of boards that will soon arrive here.

The use of lower voltage turns possible the use of only one output pair, and the power output will be alike many others i have, as they are good units and will be nice to listen them in comparison mode, switching them A to B.

It is almost ready, needing just to re arrange the heatsink size to be adequated to a smaller power unit.

The values used are for lower power supply voltage.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• diy forum, values hidden.jpg
    diy forum, values hidden.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 2,001
I cannot resist to show you the images

There are many designers that produces beautifull boards,
Anthony Holton is one of them, followed with good quality
boards by Jan Dupont, Jens Rasmussem, Hugh Dean and the
one that construct red boards to LM3875 Gainclone.

In special we can see details of quality in Holton`s boards,
you can see very thick copper lines, perfect double face boards,
sanded corners, perfect silk screen informs over, and all lead holes
with the same dimension, turning very easy the parts substitution, as
those holes can accept almost every part, not only the supplied, but
others if you want to try different parts because of beauty, size or
different Supply voltage.

I am still in the airport, but I have all my PC data with me inside
memory stick, and I cannot resist to show you some details that
impressed me.

I cannot wait my return to put my hands in those amplifiers, I want
to listen then shacking my home glasses (this is my worst acoustic
problem there)

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 100_7269.jpg
    100_7269.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,685
I could learn, and understand that many designers do not want to show

Their amplifiers in details...to avoid copies....because of that, you will find many different values, not the standard values...also resistors are modified because i will use different voltage supply, the big capacitors, the nice MKT are with me waiting more boards...i want to compare them...the problem is to convince Mr. Anthony Holton to sell me two more boards, because this is sold only in a Kit form, to avoid people produce a mess.

Yes...he may think i am producing a mess....oh Life...sometimes not fair!...i want only to compare those amplifier producing almost the same power produce by the others i have.

Symassym, of course, has wonderfull boards too...but i think they have not silk screen, and belongs to other class of amplifier, as they are not a comercial design, as many units made by others.

There are others, of course, and many that i never could touch in their boards, but, related my life experience, those boards are something.....

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 100_7277.jpg
    100_7277.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,510
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.