Buffer For Blues

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nelson Pass said:
BUFFER FOR BLUES...

I am posting this as general interest rather than burying it
in an existing thread. It is a JFET input buffer for the ZV4.

It has not been tested.

:cool:

Wow, straight from the Zen Master! Thank you, sir. I am currently playing around with a buffer jfet connection like you described at the other thread. The voltage gain is still quite high and I'm trying to find a way to lower it. I'll just scrap that and use this one. I can only sim it right now because my Woody Zen is in WA state...I'm in Californi-A!
:bawling:

I have the 2N5462 designed into the front end of my PLH proto(similar to fig;5). I'll be lighting it up for the first time today:D :D :D The 2N5460 series seems to be quite high on the noise figure but I did not get to excited over to many other ON devices... I've never done anything J-FET before. We will see where I end up.

Zen v4jfet Cascoded

Blues said:

Jacco,
Next will be "Blues Buffer's Brother".

Found time to look for the lost brother. Anybody care to try this? Comments? Let me know if I missed something.

The jfet will dissipate about 100mW. Using the 2sj74 it will have about 4x safety margin with about 7V of stable Vds across.

Has anybody tried lower than 10Vds on a 2sj74 and still kept the coveted jfet sound? Now if only the guy selling 2sj74s will get back with me I'll have something to do this Christmas holiday.

Allan

Attachments

• zen v4jfet cascoded.zip
    9 KB · Views: 299
hello Blues

I attach a small image of your zip.
Hope it is alright.
Makes it easy for lazy folks to view ;)

Pass circuits almost every time
has got some interesting details.

Regards
lineup

Attachments

• zen-v4jfet-cascoded.png
    zen-v4jfet-cascoded.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 2,619
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.