Zen -> Cen -> Sen, evolution of a minimalistic IV Converter

I am enjoying the SEN AD1865. Patrick used really the right word at the beginning of this thread. It is sweet. Mainly the piano really sound like a piano and not something else. I also have a question: when you say that you re-sample for the AD1865, it means that the dac always get 96khz? This can be easily done via software in the pc. What's the advantage to do it via hw?

Thanks,

D

I think you were saying you were using the PMD100 for resembling before the AD1865.

additionally, do you have some fancy way to monitor the status of the batteries ? I am thinking of putting a transistor hanged with a zener between the poles of the batteries, so that a led is on when the voltage is over 14 V and off when the batteries go below. Still have to work out the details, but it should not be difficult and it look to me the only easy way to have an indication with the supply still floating.

D.

Something like this,

D.

Attachments

• 135-8396.png
    135-8396.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 620
There is in principle one possible solution :

You can use a single supply to energise two high power LEDs.
These are then use to generate about 30mA 18V using photovoltaic cells.
The floating photovoltaic cells can then be used to power the IV circuit.

As far as I am concerned, battery is easier.
But Joachim Gerhard has posted a floating supply before (somewhere in this thread ?)

Patrick

Yikes, i guess the second circuit would def not work since the bjts hav to see opposite phase signals. So i guess make the bottom bjt pnp, right?

First one i will build and see :D

Wouldt the circuit on the left have no issue with single supply since the i/v resistors tied to v+/v- sees the supply as 'ground'?

I am terribly new at this so apologies in advance for any shortsightedness

Last edited: