Tony's latest traffo DIY build

I will use some steel wool to remove the coating on this one lamination and see what is underneath.

I am really unsure now what thickness they are. I ran a few tests with my caliper. On a piece of standard printer paper I was getting between .22 and .09 for thickness. Each time I turned it off, turned it on, then zero'ed it, I would get something completely different measuring the same piece of paper in the same place.

I will use some steel wool to remove the coating on this one lamination and see what is underneath.

I am really unsure now what thickness they are. I ran a few tests with my caliper. On a piece of standard printer paper I was getting between .22 and .09 for thickness. Each time I turned it off, turned it on, then zero'ed it, I would get something completely different measuring the same piece of paper in the same place.

hi lexx21
may i just suggest a little u may have relied on your caliper i think it was digital type just do it manually coz for me i always use the manual and digital to be sure.
i would suggest you clean atleast 10 pcs of it joined then make the measurement if 10pcs will have thickness of 3.5mm divide by 10, thus your core thickness was 0.35mm per piece.
same as if 10pcs. will have 5mm thick then divide 10 that is 0.5mm per piece.
i hope that helps.

bought these a couple of months ago from china....

Attachments

• IMG_8746.JPG
    IMG_8746.JPG
    428.3 KB · Views: 379