diy bybee quantum purifiers? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Power Supplies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 6th April 2010, 09:18 PM   #1
mbl is offline mbl  Angola
diyAudio Member

Default diy bybee quantum purifiers?

How to diy bybee quantum purifiers?

Is it 0 ohm resistor?

Old 6th April 2010, 09:29 PM   #2
badman is offline badman  United States
diyAudio Member

Nobody has any verifiable information except Bybee.

And he ain't givin' it up. Some people whose ears are pretty good (and have reasonable skepticism) really enjoy them. I just can't get past the ad copy.

Old 6th April 2010, 10:44 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Location: kansas city mo, and on occasion, around the world ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbl View Post
0 ohm ?
ca'nt say for sure,

however -

0.25 -

made of

i'd say tantalum.

Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Golden Goddess: The Gold Standard in Conductive Material

The new Bybee Slipstream Golden Goddess products are the culmination of decades of research and development by Jack Bybee. Over the past couple of years, the new-millennium Slipstream purifier based on carbon fiber and nanotechnology has taken the elimination of quantum mechanical noise to unprecedented levels. Eichmann RCA plugs, banana plugs and 5-way binding posts, and ERS “Stealth” carbon fiber damping and shielding material, ensure sonically superior connectivity. A new, ultra-flexible expanded Teflon (ePTFE) functions essentially as an air dielectric for the conductors, virtually eliminating capacitance. Those elements combined to make the sonics of the original Bybee Slipstream accessories and cables dramatically open, spacious and tonally pure.

Jack Bybee has now added to those materials and construction techniques the uniquely natural sonic properties of 14 K gold for the signal (+) legs of all these new products. After extensive measurements and listening tests, he has chosen to complement the gold (+) conductors with high-purity silver ribbon for the (-) conductors. This silver ribbon has lower measurable resistance than either gold or copper wire, and the gold (+)/silver (-) combination has proven to deliver the most balanced, neutral and harmonically complete performance. These Golden Goddess products are the best-performing accessories and cables Jack Bybee has ever designed.
BybeeTech - Home

Last edited by tomtt; 6th April 2010 at 10:48 PM.

Old 6th April 2010, 11:00 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

How can something inserted in series with the signal path reduce noise ?
Filtering ?

Old 6th April 2010, 11:15 PM   #5
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim Gerhard View Post
How can something inserted in series with the signal path reduce noise ?
Filtering ?
Is there any actual verification of that claim?

Old 6th April 2010, 11:34 PM   #6
hates ground loops
diyAudio Member

Man, I wish we had them quantum purifiers. Our spin polarisation isn't working good enough to get a clean sample of Rubidium in our reservoir trap. Reducing the linewidth of them lazors is not an option and due to thad damn quadratic Zeeman effect we can't increase the splitting any further, with gravity and all that. If we only had them purifiers in our photodiodes' signal lines, our quantums would be so much more purified...also the guys next door buildin' them fancy quantum computers could probably use some purified quantums too.
Am I right?

Old 6th April 2010, 11:43 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Nobody knows anything about the purifiers or they do not tell.
There are some people that i trust that hear differences that are positive and there are those that hear something but then take them out again with no regret.
The ones i trust say that the effect is extemely supple. Try to glue a penny coin to the wall with blue tack. That is my DIY version. Copper is good for soundyou know.
Glue them on a part of your wall that is thin and resonating so the effect is even bigger.
Japaneese instrument makers come to your house and poke small holes in your walls for similar effect.

Old 6th April 2010, 11:51 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Here are my DIy Purifiers.
Put them on your Opamps, transistors, walls, speaker magnets etc.
Ground the wire or let it open etc. endless fun and nonsense,
expensive at 5 cent each plus work though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DIY Purifiers.jpg (78.4 KB, 1330 views)

Old 7th April 2010, 12:00 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Damon Hill
Will that work with US cents, which are copper-plated zinc alloy?

--Damon, who can't afford to play the game ("I'll have $5 on Lotto, please.")

Old 7th April 2010, 12:08 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Ours are only copper on the surface too. The old ones where more expensive to make then the real value. i filed one open and they are three layers. Copper, a coating that i sume is nickel then some kind of steel inside. I tested them on Opamps because i heard that Opamps in metal cases sound better but honestly did not have the time to do any serious maesurements. i asume that the shielding and cooling action could have some physical effect.

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!