Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

The single card Heeboo method worked very well for me. Loaded Raspian lite onto a brand new SD card in the RPi3. Downloaded Heeboo’s script. Said “yes” to all the options, set it running and went off to watch Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets!

Two hours later, loaded card into my RPi-Z W, configured t’ethernet and NAS, and before one could say Expelliamus it was playing music. Job done!

I got my usb-microSD card reader.

After booting with the new Sd card, moode is asking for “moode login”?

I don’t remember setting up a moode specific login?

I just wish there was a similar setting. I don't know why not. Both use Alsa.

Is a little more complexe.
Kodi use the Alsa API and init differently than moode (i don't know how moode works)
Kodi have the "nonblock" option activated at the initialisation of the Alsa device and the "keep audio device alive" is simply an infinite mute sound sending to the alsa device. This option is programmed inside Kodi, not inside moode.

nonblock option permit multiple use of the device by different process, without the device is used only by one process.

The more simple way to do that is change the source of the moode player to activate the nonblock option and launch a daemon who play an infinite muted sound like this :

Code:
#aplay -c 2 (2 channels) -N (nonblock) -f S8 (on 8bit) /dev/zero (the 0 flux)
aplay -c 2 -N -f S8 /dev/zero

Else Tim must recode this option to the player, with this method (or maybe another better method).

I hope that's help a little.

Regards

Last edited:
Looks like network issue ... do you use ethernet or WiFi ?
Could you try just ethernet to see if it’s better ?

Mine is always with ethernet LAN cable connected to my wireless router which assigns the IP. I can see that the IP address is assigned when I looked under the LAN section of my 'dd-wrt' rooted TP-Link router. Its just the moode app not showing up on the browser as well as unable to SSH into Pi.

@manniraj

Corrupted SD card perhaps?

I think you are right, as when it was working fine during the library update I was not able to choose the configure option and then I tried to restart the moode using the option. But even that was not working and I had to do a hard reset by removing the power. I think my second time venture with pi+moode is still unsuccessful after a gap of 1 year, I would better relay on my Win2012R2 barebones PC which works beautifully even after 3 years of continuous service.

Thanks Jonners - the userid and password worked.

That being said, not much happened after I logged in. I'm now stuck on the following screen:

I'm connected to the internet via wifi. Does that impact install in any way?

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 431
Thanks Jonners - the userid and password worked.

That being said, not much happened after I logged in. I'm now stuck on the following screen:

I'm connected to the internet via wifi. Does that impact install in any way?

No but something goes wrong !
Could you please post the last lines of /home/pi/mosbuild.log ?
(tail -20 /home/pi/mosbuild.log)

This is the log of the automatic builder ;)

@ Dkalsi
Have you tried to get the Moode GUI up, by pointing the browser on your computer to moode.local?
or moode@IP.address.of.moode

EDIT: You don't need to be logged in to use the player.
Koda 59 will be more able to help. His post appeared while I was typing mine.

Last edited:
I think you are right, as when it was working fine during the library update I was not able to choose the configure option and then I tried to restart the moode using the option. But even that was not working and I had to do a hard reset by removing the power. I think my second time venture with pi+moode is still unsuccessful after a gap of 1 year, I would better relay on my Win2012R2 barebones PC which works beautifully even after 3 years of continuous service.

I suspect the build is still incomplete for some reason, perhaps some repositories were not not available during building. I say this because I had similar behaviour from my first build attempt.

Have you checked the build log for errors? As @koda59 has said in another post:

Could you please post the last lines of /home/pi/mosbuild.log?

The more simple way to do that is change the source of the moode player to activate the nonblock option and launch a daemon who play an infinite muted sound like this :

Code:
#aplay -c 2 (2 channels) -N (nonblock) -f S8 (on 8bit) /dev/zero (the 0 flux)
aplay -c 2 -N -f S8 /dev/zero

Else Tim must recode this option to the player, with this method (or maybe another better method).

I hope that's help a little.

Regards

Finally some real answers. Although it looks like changes to the core code, which is way above my pay grade so to speak. I was hoping for some added code in the config.txt file or something.

I hope Tom is monitoring because the Pi Hats are only getting more popular and some DAC input chips don't like all this on/off business. I would not mind it so much if I did not miss the first couple of seconds of the first song. I know it is the mute as well as the relay in my DAC, but was not as issue until the hat was not as smart asxmu XMOS programmed USB to SPDIF interface.

So partially I blame my ancient and obsolete YM3623 interface chip, but also for a not so smart Pi Hat. It's just a kind of annoyance.

I suspect the build is still incomplete for some reason, perhaps some repositories were not not available during building. I say this because I had similar behaviour from my first build attempt.

Have you checked the build log for errors? As @koda59 has said in another post:

Could you please post the last lines of /home/pi/mosbuild.log?

Thanks, but I was unable to SSH as well so I have formatted the SD card and doing the image build all together :)