Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Hi Tim and everyone, I have been using v3.1 for a while and purchased v3.7 just now. Here are my gears:

1. Raspberry Pi B (Very Old)
2. Audio-gd NFB10-SE DAC with USB-32 USB interface (VIA VT1731)
3. Music stored in USB stick (WAV, FLAC, APE, MP3...)

In both versions, the playback has short and infrequent zip/zap sound in every file type and every bit rate, a bit like playing vinyl record. I don't know if it is called 'glitches'. USB (UAC2) fix is ON. This problem exists even playing online radio and therefore I think there is a compatibility problem.

I changed USB cable, USB stick, SD Card and even borrowed RPi 3 for testing, Still no improvement.

Any suggestion will be welcomed, thank you.

If you can use terminal, ssh into Moode and run 'top' while playing some music and see how your CPU resources are - I suspect that the B might be struggling.

@Serverbaboon

There's one point which I think might be confusing for some folks. The Wiki software which supports these diyaudio forums has gratuitously modified the presentation of the upmpdcli.list contents because it detected the URLs.

Granted, the underlying links are correct, but some may be tempted to cut and paste or to type these lines literally.

I've struggled and failed in the past to create literal strings out of URLs in this forum. You'd think it would be a no-brainer but alas not.

Regards,
Kent

@TheOldPresbyope

After trying all sorts I finally noticed the 'Miscellaneous Options' below this text box I am typing in. If you deselect the 'Automatically parse links in text' option and I was able to put the full path in.

Nope nothing, same as ever.
The only thing I can think of is that I thrown away the default playlist because this was comming up all the time with radio stations I was not interested in....could this be something....And the save of playlists is broken too...because if I save one song under let say ''test" this playlist is saved, but only shown after refreshing the browse panel by clicking one of the other options, like radio and back again. I just saw that the song is showed at clicking at the test name and not on the three dot line icon........
thanks,

NONO, after reinstall on the SD card and all configs almost untouched besides network settings the auto-shuffle is just not there. Anybody experience with it? For me this was one of the main reasons to go with Moode...
thx

Hi Tim and everyone, I have been using v3.1 for a while and purchased v3.7 just now. Here are my gears:

1. Raspberry Pi B (Very Old)
2. Audio-gd NFB10-SE DAC with USB-32 USB interface (VIA VT1731)
3. Music stored in USB stick (WAV, FLAC, APE, MP3...)

In both versions, the playback has short and infrequent zip/zap sound in every file type and every bit rate, a bit like playing vinyl record. I don't know if it is called 'glitches'. USB (UAC2) fix is ON. This problem exists even playing online radio and therefore I think there is a compatibility problem.

I changed USB cable, USB stick, SD Card and even borrowed RPi 3 for testing, Still no improvement.

Any suggestion will be welcomed, thank you.

Hi,

Try setting MPD to 32 bit / * kHz resampling. This will change the bit depth and leave the sample rate unchanged.

-Tim

Hi @Longgone,

If a track or radio station is already playing then stop playback and press the Random Play button on the Playback panel.

Auto-shuffle will add a randomly selected track to the Playlist and begin Playback.

-Tim

I wish this was true; tried a track and the radio. Did a rescan of my mp3 folder on the usb-hardisk, On-and-off the settings in audio settings. Nothing of this kind works over here?
Normal play and playlisting adding, deleting works fine.

AUDIOPHONICS DAC Sabre ES9023 V2.2 I2S vers Analogique 24bit/192kHz - Audiophonics

8396_ES9023_I2S_DAC_2.jpg

But whit the driver the "audiophonics" i have problems and now iam ok with the "hifimediy 9023" drivers. :)

NONO, after reinstall on the SD card and all configs almost untouched besides network settings the auto-shuffle is just not there. Anybody experience with it? For me this was one of the main reasons to go with Moode...
thx

Use it every day, just works and always has, for me, whether it music from a nas or a local USB source.

Set the option in setting>audio, then...
Set the option and the shuffle option in the playback screen.

To test, create a single-song playlist with the option ticked and play. When the song finishes, a new one should be added and cued to play, ad infinitum.

Attachments

• IMG_0561.PNG
    IMG_0561.PNG
    162.5 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_0562.PNG
    IMG_0562.PNG
    890.3 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_0563.PNG
    IMG_0563.PNG
    373.8 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
@vakharia

Not sure what stream URL you tried. I just downloaded and renamed the listen.pls files for these two stations.

Thank you!

I just tried to download listen.pls and then opened it in Notepad to see the same details as you had shared.
Now I was able to add the stations and play successfully in MoOde.

Are there easy/ plug and play solutions to have voice control of music?