Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Use it every day, just works and always has, for me, whether it music from a nas or a local USB source.

Set the option in setting>audio, then...
Set the option and the shuffle option in the playback screen.

To test, create a single-song playlist with the option ticked and play. When the song finishes, a new one should be added and cued to play, ad infinitum.

Did exacly the same, even with the grandberries if this may help;) , but nothing of an automation there.

Attachments

• auto on.JPG
    auto on.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 254
  • play.JPG
    play.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 231
  • afterplay.JPG
    afterplay.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 233
Hi,
I'm have USB DAC SMSL-M9 connected to my RPi/moode 3.7. At first time when I switch on the RPi and DAC, I have the frequency 22.5792 MHz on the DAC display and hear the loud noise from my speakers or headphones. But when I starting play any music, the correct frequency shows on DAC display and sound is clear and beautiful. May be someone knows how resolve this problem.
The USB audio driver in Moode is choosen.

Attachments

• pic_1.jpg
    pic_1.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 208
  • pic_2.jpg
    pic_2.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
If you can use terminal, ssh into Moode and run 'top' while playing some music and see how your CPU resources are - I suspect that the B might be struggling.

Oh, it seems that your presumption is not correct. The CPU usage is nothing more than 25% when music is playing.

I borrowed a RPi 3 and listening right now, testing it for a while and it seems there is no difference.

Hi Tim,
when will Moode 3.8 be published? I have a DigiOne waiting to use with RPi/Moode.

Best regards,
trung

moOde 3.8 code is finished and release is pending (1) an updated Allo Piano 2.1 driver that enables Dual-Mono mode to function correctly, and (2) a set of Advanced 4.9.y audio kernels.

The Piano 2.1 driver is finished and debugged but it has to appear in mainline 4.9.y Linux kernel before number 2 can be completed.

-Tim

-Tim

Did exacly the same, even with the grandberries if this may help;) , but nothing of an automation there.

Don't press consume mode, just press the random play button and consume mode btn should light up.

If a track is not automatically added to the Playlist then the problem is external to the Auto-shuffle feature. I use it all the time and never any issues.

After pressing the Random play btn the Auto-shuffle process should appear in the output of PS.

pi@rp3:~ $ ps -A | grep ashuffle
26902 ? 00:00:00 ashuffle

-Tim

Hi,
I'm have USB DAC SMSL-M9 connected to my RPi/moode 3.7. At first time when I switch on the RPi and DAC, I have the frequency 22.5792 MHz on the DAC display and hear the loud noise from my speakers or headphones. But when I starting play any music, the correct frequency shows on DAC display and sound is clear and beautiful. May be someone knows how resolve this problem.
The USB audio driver in Moode is choosen.

Hi,

What happens when you power up the Raspberry first before powering up your DAC?

-Tim

Oh, it seems that your presumption is not correct. The CPU usage is nothing more than 25% when music is playing.

I borrowed a RPi 3 and listening right now, testing it for a while and it seems there is no difference.

Hi,

Have you tried setting MPD to 32 bit / * kHz resampling. This will change the bit depth and leave the sample rate unchanged.

-Tim

Hi,

Have you tried setting MPD to 32 bit / * kHz resampling. This will change the bit depth and leave the sample rate unchanged.

-Tim

I have been testing it last night and don't have a conclusion right now. My first impression was the glitches were less frequent. However, it lost the airy, comfortable and large sound stage music that your software is good at.

I have been testing it last night and don't have a conclusion right now. My first impression was the glitches were less frequent. However, it lost the airy, comfortable and large sound stage music that your software is good at.

Hi,

Could be compatibility issue between that particular DAC's USB receiver and the Linux USB audio driver in the 4.4.y kernels used in moOde 3.7.

Hopefully the glitches will not occur in upcoming moOde 3.8 which is based on Linux 4.9.y kernels.

-Tim

I tested it again last night and I found something interesting. The CPU usage depends a lot of on the file type, the highest one should be APE. My old RPi B will surge to 85-95% for the first 30 seconds or so and then back to below 20%. However, I have to say the glitches appear in WAV, FLAC, MP3 format, which the CPU usage is no more than 40%

I am testing it now with a RPi 3 and hope this could be solved. Thanks all.

Hi Tim... what do you think about an "Home" button in browse's pages?
When you are inside a deep number of folders with it you can return to root in a while.. :)

Hi Marco,

Might be a good idea but how many folder levels in your collection? Mine is NAS/Music/Artist/Album which I think is pretty typical.

-Tim

Ctrl+R or F5 or refresh page, depending on your flavour of browser, does exactly that. Returns you to the lowest level browse page.