Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Pi for cheaper than chips.....

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspberry-pi-zero/
Raspberry Pi Zero ID: 2885 - $5.00 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

Looking forward to stock being available....

At 65mm x 30mm x 5mm and with a
https://polyvection.com/shop/plaindac/

Makes for a very small and portable device...

Hi,

Thinking of small and inexpensive, imagine the diy possibilities

MEMS chip speaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgeUUMvdPeI

There's also a part 2 and company HD video in the playlist

Recent from March 2015
Audio Pixels Holdings Limited Announces Performance Specifications -- SYDNEY, March 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --

Regards,
Tim

Below link is guide to configure Moode to be access point that I follow with and work great .
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based/271811-moode-audio-player-raspberry-pi-39.html#post4417979

WIFI dongle should be using Edimax model 7811 un. Other thing that is needed to be update the hostapd file with below instruction.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
wget http://www.daveconroy.com/wp3/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/hostapd.zip
unzip hostapd.zip
sudo mv /usr/sbin/hostapd /usr/sbin/hostapd.bak
sudo mv hostapd /usr/sbin/hostapd.edimax
sudo ln -sf /usr/sbin/hostapd.edimax /usr/sbin/hostapd
sudo chown root.root /usr/sbin/hostapd
sudo chmod 755 /usr/sbin/hostapd
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This solution can be used with smartphone Iphone, Andriod and Windows 10 act as remote control Moode without any network device at all.

I did as written here below;
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based/271811-moode-audio-player-raspberry-pi-39.html#post4417979

it work finally add "auto wlan0" inside /etc/network/interface

[QUOTEHi Adrian,

Thanks for the info.

If you wouldn't mind, zip up a few of your 24/96 and 24/192 files and email the download link to tim at moodeaudio dot org

I'll test them in my environment to see if I can repro the glitches.

Regards,
Tim][/QUOTE]

Hi Tim - I've sent a link to 3 files in Dropbox - I hope that's ok? They are some of the ones that cause problems, but I am now suspecting some form of corruption in the files. Does anyone have suggestions on good ways to check the files - since the tests I have done so far (e.g. audiotester) have not shown any problems with the files. Thanks Adrian

Tim, when playing flac i get a 'tick' at the end of a track and the start of the next but if the track is a continuation into the next there is no 'tick' and plays flawlessly. any ideas on how to fix this?

Hi,

Zip up some test files and email a download link to tim at moodeaudio dot org. I'll see if I can repro the issue on my test systems.

Regards,
Tim

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the info.

If you wouldn't mind, zip up a few of your 24/96 and 24/192 files and email the download link to tim at moodeaudio dot org

Regards,
Tim]

Hi Tim - I've sent a link to 3 files in Dropbox - I hope that's ok? They are some of the ones that cause problems, but I am now suspecting some form of corruption in the files. Does anyone have suggestions on good ways to check the files - since the tests I have done so far (e.g. audiotester) have not shown any problems with the files. Thanks Adrian

Hi Adrian,

Downloading them right now. I'll analyze them and see if I can repro the issues on my test systems. Thanks :)

Regards,
Tim

Hi,

Email tim at moodeaudio dot org and I'll help troubleshoot :)

Regards,
Tim

Tim, Thanks for direct help via email. Definitely not a bug but my fault.
In case anyone else has a similar issue, It looks as if the problem was due to data from prior setup being retained. by browser. A simple "clear cache " did not fix the problem but removing all browser history did so.

Thanks again for a great piece of software.

Tim, Thanks for direct help via email. Definitely not a bug but my fault.
In case anyone else has a similar issue, It looks as if the problem was due to data from prior setup being retained. by browser. A simple "clear cache " did not fix the problem but removing all browser history did so.

Thanks again for a great piece of software.

Hi,

Glad to hear its working :)

I'll have to remember to also advise "clear Browser history" in addition to clear cache.

Thanks,
Tim

Just tried moode after trying to get volumio and rune to work with my raspberry FIFO 1541 , success at last, looks to be superior of all 3, lookng forward to a few days of tunes.

Hi,

IanCanada's incredible FIFO II kit correct?

What DAC are u using and which i2s driver did u select in Moode System config?

I'd like to add an i2s selection for FIFO II :)

Regards,
Tim

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the info.

Regards,
Tim
HTML:

Hi Adrian,

Played all three files and no glitches whatsoever. Audio was perfect, and a really great album btw. :)

Refer to attached screen shot. I test with IQaudIO Pi-DAC+ and Mamboberry Hifi DAC+ both of which are I2S DAC's. Resampling disabled of course.

Results suggest the files are OK.

Regards,
Tim

Attachments

• moode-r25-adrian.png
    moode-r25-adrian.png
    197.1 KB · Views: 255
Hi Tim
I'm eager to try moode with an entirely new digital setup very similar to supra's.
My current is based on PC/Foobar w/ usb-dac. My library is wav's with cue sheets. I've searched thread but can't find anything on whether moode player will work with such files. I apologize for my limited knowledge in this area.
Cheers, Peter.

Hi Tim
I'm eager to try moode with an entirely new digital setup very similar to supra's.
My current is based on PC/Foobar w/ usb-dac. My library is wav's with cue sheets. I've searched thread but can't find anything on whether moode player will work with such files. I apologize for my limited knowledge in this area.
Cheers, Peter.

Hi Peter,

IanFIFO II kit I assume, so awesome :)

What DAC are u planning to use?

If you view the release notes for Moode 2.4 on moodeaudio.org you will notice that I added support for cue sheet, specifically the external .cue sheet file for the audio file (WAV, FLAC, etc.). There are also "embedded cue sheets" which I have not coded for yet.

If you wouldn't mind, zip up a couple of the files and email a download link to tim at moodeaudio dot org and I'll be happy to test them out :)

Regards,
Tim

Yes, it's the full FIFO II kit with all of Ian's modules ending with his i2s to PCM converter in simultaneous mode feeding a couple of dual mono TDA1541A Red Baron Dac boards. It's all still in construction phase. My current NOS dac with its antiquated, hi-jitter usb converter is still very nice sounding but Ian's stuff is so well engineered that I'm expecting a substantial improvement in quality.
I'm glad I'll be able to use my wav's as is...thank you for that.
The death of the mobo on my mini-itx music server is the spark for upgrading to a system that will be suitable for your very cool player. Ordered a Pi 2 B and Synology NAS, but the rest of the pieces I still have to figure out. I'll send those zipped files as soon as my stuff is hooked back up.
Much appreciated.