Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Hi

new joiner here. I have a raspberry with an hifiberry DAC+. Was using Volumio first and installed MoodeAudio yesterday. I quite like the extra features and the combined playback and playlist page.

One small question: with Volumio the green LED on the Hifiberry was turning off after some inactivity. With Moode it stays on all the time. Not a big issue for the living room but would be one for bedroom.

Is there a way to control this? Best would be to not light it on but turning it off when DAC is not used would be good enough.

Cheers
P.

Hi,

Glad to hear you are giving Moode a try :)

The LED on all the i2s boards that I've tested or are currently running including a Hifiberry DAC+, is a power indicator LED. As far as I know it should stay on as long as the board is getting power.

I don't know if any of the board makers provide a way to control the LED...

Regards,
Tim

Thanks for your answer!

I probably spoke too fast. I restarted and now it turns on and off fine as I pause music. I suspect I had some client session stuck open as I tried different clients (web interface on computer, mpd client on iPhone, web interface on iPhone).

I also checked the Hifiberry's forum and the vendor confirms the LED is purely dependent on powering the DAC and there is no software control to it.

So all good. Now my Christmas project is to add a LCD, like discussed on this board. If that works I'll make a standalone player for my daughter's bedroom, with screen, music on USB key and using an Hifiberry Amp so that I only have to plug small speakers.

In other words, I have plenty of reading ahead of me!

Have a good week end all

Hi,

Update #3 on hotplug:

Here is what new USB hotplug feature will provide in Moode 2.5:

(1) DAC can be unplugged and then plugged back in without rebooting.
- Unplug: MPD automatically pauses and ALSA volume is saved
- Plugin: ALSA volume restored, pressing Play resumes from previous point

(2) Multiple storage devices can be unplugged and then plugged back in without rebooting.
- Unplug: MPD database left intact and not cleared
- Plugin: Device assigned its original mount point (USB, USB2, USB3 or USB4)

Here are some use cases where the Pi can be left running, no reboot required :)

(1) Swap DAC to another computer and then back to Pi
(2) Swap storage device to another computer, load new music files, swap back to Pi
(3) Power off DAC and/or storage device, power back on when needed
(4) DAC and/or storage device automatically enters sleep mode
(5) Boot fresh Moode image, plug in DAC and storage devices, configure

Regards,
Tim

No playback?

Trying to use 2.4 with a Geek Pulse Xfi, but, while I can communicate with Moode and search the library, when I select an album and click on it ("Add, replace, play (all)") the playback screen shows all of the album songs, but none are highlighted, and the clock shows "00:00". Clicking on the "play" icon does nothing. (Again, no song is highlighted and attempting to choose a song highlights it only momentarily, on the click.)

I believe that I've experimented with every variation available in terms of configuration, and am now just totally lost. Is mine a generic problem, and have others experienced it, or is this unique? TIA - Pat

Trying to use 2.4 with a Geek Pulse Xfi, but, while I can communicate with Moode and search the library, when I select an album and click on it ("Add, replace, play (all)") the playback screen shows all of the album songs, but none are highlighted, and the clock shows "00:00". Clicking on the "play" icon does nothing. (Again, no song is highlighted and attempting to choose a song highlights it only momentarily, on the click.)

I believe that I've experimented with every variation available in terms of configuration, and am now just totally lost. Is mine a generic problem, and have others experienced it, or is this unique? TIA - Pat

Hi Pat,

I have user reports that Geek Pulse Xfi works fine so its probably either a config issue or possibly "Max USB current 2X" needs to be turned on in System config to provide more power to USB port for this device.

Email tim at moodeaudio dot org and I'll help troubleshoot :)

Regards,
Tim

Below link is guide to configure Moode to be access point that I follow with and work great .
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based/271811-moode-audio-player-raspberry-pi-39.html#post4417979

WIFI dongle should be using Edimax model 7811 un. Other thing that is needed to be update the hostapd file with below instruction.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
wget http://www.daveconroy.com/wp3/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/hostapd.zip
unzip hostapd.zip
sudo mv /usr/sbin/hostapd /usr/sbin/hostapd.bak
sudo mv hostapd /usr/sbin/hostapd.edimax
sudo ln -sf /usr/sbin/hostapd.edimax /usr/sbin/hostapd
sudo chown root.root /usr/sbin/hostapd
sudo chmod 755 /usr/sbin/hostapd
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This solution can be used with smartphone Iphone, Andriod and Windows 10 act as remote control Moode without any network device at all.

Hi,

Update #3 on hotplug:

Here is what new USB hotplug feature will provide in Moode 2.5:

(1) DAC can be unplugged and then plugged back in without rebooting.
- Unplug: MPD automatically pauses and ALSA volume is saved
- Plugin: ALSA volume restored, pressing Play resumes from previous point

(2) Multiple storage devices can be unplugged and then plugged back in without rebooting.
- Unplug: MPD database left intact and not cleared
- Plugin: Device assigned its original mount point (USB, USB2, USB3 or USB4)

Here are some use cases where the Pi can be left running, no reboot required :)

(1) Swap DAC to another computer and then back to Pi
(2) Swap storage device to another computer, load new music files, swap back to Pi
(3) Power off DAC and/or storage device, power back on when needed
(4) DAC and/or storage device automatically enters sleep mode
(5) Boot fresh Moode image, plug in DAC and storage devices, configure

Regards,
Tim
Great stuff Tim :)

V 2.4 No Sound - Alsa Setting does not save

Maybe I am just doing something stupid, but:
Pi-2 with IQAUDIO DAC+ everything works fine with V2.3.
Upgraded to 2.4 and tried to configure. Cannot set an ALSA level. If I set it to any level up to 100 and then go to replay - no sound.

Back to configure and ALSA level is empty. I do click set and have tried several times but cannot get any sound. Volume on playback screen set to 100
Any suggestions?