Hand Made SATA Cable for CAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess you skipped the Popper part.

Careful there Stuart, he'll have you with the Paradox of Tolerance!

Btw, what does the forum think of my new digital-cable-sonics evaluation hood? The picture's not me I'm afraid, I have to be careful who's coming after me, there's so many of them....

Attachments

• velvet-hood-cv.jpg
    velvet-hood-cv.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Eskimo's are well known to distinct and therefore able to see more than 30 kinds of snow. Put yourself next to an average Eskimo in Greenland in a very snowy landscape and another person will do an A/B test between you and that Eskimo of how many kinds of snow really can be perceived. And take all yr Czech friends with you and let them join the test.. Poor Eskimo, he must be a clever salesmen trying with a beautiful clever marketing pitch to persuade you to accept his findings as he is the only "fool" who claim to see so much.

What is true for the eye is also true for the other 4 senses.

Sorry, but I can hardly believe you are giving here such flawed argument. It is the eskimo claiming he can distinguish 30 types of snow and it is HIS job to prove he can do it. If he does - why should I not trust him? He just showed he could, in a credible way. That is a simple scientific experient, nothing subjective. None of my czech friends without such capability claim that - how would their failed results of an objective test be related to positive results of that Eskimo?

If you claim to hear a sata cable (or silved PC interconnects), it is for you to prove it. You are the scientist to make the claim, you are to present the supporting evidence. Did you present one?

A/B blind listening tests in the subjective domain of listening is a hoax.

Honestly, if you teach the scientific research the way you argue above, well...

Neutron you cannot reason the silver sata cable to be worth-full or "snake oil" yet.
In the digital domain which is by the way a simulated domain as digital electrons and voltages do simply not exist, the whole realm of physics ( in this case) is analogue. I have no clue that in some dark side of the universe in the heart of some nova's true digital phenomena do exist still beyond our knowledge of physics.
But under ordinary circumstances our trusted pc is still an analogue machine like the old first generation of computers which were mechanical switching computer. Then came the first electrical tube-based computers. It does not matter how you look at tubes. They are ever analogue hardware.that only accepts analogue current and voltages. Digital current and voltages do not exist and cannot exist. All these electrons or voltages abstractly stored as data in digital memory finally reach the DAC in a very very analogue way. Only the "language used is digital. The carrier of this digital language is as analogue as it ever was and susceptible to all analogue gremlins that never ceased to exist.

Ollboll
Writing down the zero's and ones as you propose completely leave out the analogue carrier of these zero's and one's. Therein lies factor "X".

You have to listen there is no other way. reasoning can never replace empirical data even "subjective' empirical data

Last edited:
]Sorry, but I can hardly believe you are giving here such flawed argument. It is the eskimo claiming he can distinguish 30 ...

If you claim to hear a sata cable (or silved PC interconnects), it is for you to prove it.
Why? He is not a scientist. And even if he did your kind of reasoning will still never accept his "proven"findings because you CANNOT see or hear differences becuae you never tried
Science demands it must be verifiable for all and if it is not verifiable for you you will still go on whining a and coming back to its "impossibility" .That is why your kind or reasoning is flawed when positivist science leaves the domain of "dead objects and machines. You cannot unless you are very blind or stupid demand positivist science verifiability in the social domain.
Social domain means that meaning ( what it means to based on interpretation) intertwines in the "objective measurement of the senses. By the way our senses are not hard wired to be even able to perceive "objectively" ( read Autopoiesis articles)

Do you continue to refuse that the silver sata cable may only make sense in a stereo setup? Because that is what it is here all about. The seller does not claim yr computer will work faster or whatever in the domain of zero's and one's. He claims it sounds better. Keep yr radio or mp3 player and be content to what you think you should hear

"You are the scientist to make the claim, you are to present the supporting evidence. Did you present one?"

Where did I claim this? I only support an open mind instead of the blind stubborn medieval mind who will never leave his box

Simon you are really medieval. Thank you for proving my case. Shutting up this thread based on your frustration to handle out of the box concepts , , completely equals medieval practices of book burning

Last edited:
Why try to explain ( in disbelief) before you listen for yourself?
This kind of "reasoning"i have heard years ago when crazy ppl made the statement that silver power cables sounded better. Disbelievers mentioned the miles of cables in the grnd before it reaches yr house, the silly copper cables in the wall and so on connected to this silver pwc cable. and not a silver within the amplifier no just the powerchord..

Oh, that takes me back. I can still remember the expression on the panel's faces when Michael Fremer presented his paper proving the audibility of different power cable compositions to the AES, and the stunned silence as he bought in some 80-year old, partially deaf man who was still able to ABX it (proving for all time that skeptics are deaf).

I remember the awestruck reverence from the crowd of degreed engineers, experts in their fields, as he followed this up by proving the quantum physics behind vinyl demagnetisation and how it could result in the removal of distortion products that, despite being only 20db below the music, disappear on analysers due to the newly-discovered AESP (Audio ESP) effect. By this point, that amplifiers all sounded completely different and that measurements were useless was a given...

Or not. Silver power cables are still a load of crap. Kinda like the stuff you're coming out with :D

@Andrew T: Too much fun. The only person getting hot under the collar is the guy trying to peddle this stuff, and that's only because people are taking turns to laugh at how wrong he is about everything, including that which he purports to teach...perhaps we could submit a petition to his university for dismissal on grounds of failure to appreciate the existence of logic?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.