F4 power amplifier

:smash: Funny guy's :D

Attachments

• halfchangforgreedyboys.jpg
    halfchangforgreedyboys.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 923
jacco vermeulen said:

Rework the transformer to 4 x 15Vac secondaries.

Blitz said:
Or design a choke-input-Filter, that will bring you down to 23-24 V. But it is easy to buy new transformers I guess.

Thanks for the suggestions.

How do you rework it to 4 x 15V? Is it to rewind it?

I've thought about a variac/choke, and also triac control for the AC but decided to have less parts in line with the Zen philosophy.

Also I'm not sure if using a "capacitor bridge? for a floating ground?" will work (i.e., 2 caps in series tied to 0 and 38V, tap in the middle for 0V...so I can have -19V 0V +19V... sorry I don't know the correct name for this circuit)

My question still is will I blow something up with +-38V rails? Thanks.

Great looking speakers How does they sound?

Thank's Steenoe ... I guess they sound like your''e abbeys, but perhaps, with a little more punch. Well theyr'e not completly finish yet, still missing final coat, edge banding and some wooden phase-plugs ;)

They are very heavy, as i filled the room beneth with drysand (The kind used to blow paint on walls off:D)

Jesper.

lykkedk said:

Thank's Steenoe ... I guess they sound like your''e abbeys, but perhaps, with a little more punch. Well theyr'e not completly finish yet, still missing final coat, edge banding and some wooden phase-plugs ;)

They are very heavy, as i filled the room beneth with drysand (The kind used to blow paint on walls off:D)

Jesper.

Looking forward to audition them:cool:

....and nice work BTW.

Magura :)

luvdunhill said:
now that I have all the parts for a F4, I'm wondering if it's the best amp to build ... I'm working a pair of speakers that are shaping up to have the following specs:

about 3dB of BSC
-3dB response at 39 Hz
the woofer is ~86dB efficiency
sum is around 83dB/W/m

I haven't decided really on a proper preamp to drive the F4, so that could definitely be a factor in the equation.

Any opinions?

More efficient speakers or a different amp.

Posted by Magura:
With a balanced F4, yes it will make just about anything sing at 23dB gain

Ahhh... Don't be so sure about that my freind :D

luvdunhill : Whitout being bad:) i would like to tell, that with the experiance i have had with my 87dB speaker's with balanced F4's, it might be, that you will be dissapointed, if you wish to play loud. Just my oppinion, nothing else! - And i am not a guru, that's for sure!!!

Jesper.

lykkedk said:
Posted by Magura:

Ahhh... Don't be so sure about that my freind :D

luvdunhill : Whitout being bad:) i would like to tell, that with the experiance i have had with my 87dB speaker's with balanced F4's, it might be, that you will be dissapointed, if you wish to play loud. Just my oppinion, nothing else! - And i am not a guru, that's for sure!!!

Jesper.

Jesper:

any chance you could try upping the Pumpkin gain and giving it another go?
:D

Jesper:

any chance you could try upping the Pumpkin gain and giving it another go?

I tried a gainsetting at allmost 28x (150k / ~5,5k) Donno how many dB it give's...
I wasen't capable of making this work proberly, maybee it's my pcb-layout or something else, but the max gainsetting is around ~20 for my setup (homemade pcb), for prober noise/hum floor...

I must say, (Before ZenMod :devilr: ) that this was not with my LeachAmp;) :devilr: :devilr: :devilr:

I tried begging the Master ZenMod for buying 1 of his kit's, but he's just like me :cool: ... the answer was, ''not until you fix problem :devilr: :devilr: :bigeyes: " I kind of knew that answer, even before i tried ordering a kit...

Well i belive, that you must have around 27-30x :Pumpkin: gain with thoose speaker for driving them proberly., with a 1,5vac source.

But But But remember ... i am not a guru ... Maybee it's possible with ZenMod's pumpkin pcb... i donno... ??

Jesper.