Beginning my aleph 30

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
bobsinclar said:
Cool! sure I know that amp!;)
to me this mono let reminds me the TV show GALACTICA, you know the cylon with that red light moving face forward...this is why I choose red leds instead of classic green normalized color ..
Vince

Well it looks great congrat's super nice job on the coper P2P underneath :D

OOps just for all Aleph lovers and builders , and especially Nelson pass the father of all those babies, I have to report the critical listening session I had with this beast 30 watts amp :D
As far as I know this A30 design is quite old now and has been replaced by X and XA series , I knew that but advised a friend that he should listen to it,
he stated that nothing on earth could drive his speakers better that the jeff rowland big monoblocks, he baught all the mackintosch gears and has changed for jeff latest product...

well I went at his very confident but I was very curious to compare the aleph to what jeff has to offer for about 15 000$ here... not easy to carry the fat aleph at his 4th floor flat, but we did it:D

then we played his gears...cool sound much too analytic, no deep bass and no warmth in sound(I already knew the aleph would win fingers in the nose...)

we plugged ti quickly and sound took another dimention, 3D holographic deep bass and a very warm sound , my friend was just amazed , NP offered us a high time!
and now Iam prout to have this beast in my living room , I am now building a mini Aleph for the HF and will keep it for the LF ...

My father is also making a Pass project the PLH ,
Maybe we'll soon open a Nelson Pass legacy project museum:D
Vince

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.