Buffer For Blues

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
could anybody wrap this thread up for me please? I'm a bit confused by "Buffer for Blues", "B^2", "Blue's Buffers Brother", "B^3", Zv4j, F2v2, ...
Well, basically there is one important question I have:
Is this: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/atta...67416426-buffer-blues-zen-v4jfet-cascoded.zip the modification to go for?

I've used my "stock" Zen V4 for a while now with the ZVP3310s as SMDevices that are attached to 3 silver wires.
Now that the cases (wood with copperplates inside) are nearly :D finished I thought i could buy some parts at digikey, for example the THT-ZVP3310 and some 100 Ohm 3W-resistors. I had to use 2 49 Ohm resistors that (with the PCB as the third side) build a triangle, which looks horrible.
Since digikey charges 18 €, about 23 $, for shipping, I thought I could just order some more parts, shipping is free if the value of the ordered goods is >=65 €. Maybe the parts needed for this modification or parts for a new project (see the list below).

Other things that I haven't yet decided on but should probably be discussed somewhere else:
Which preamp should I build? Could I use a "passive preamp" if I build a DAC with a powerful low-impendance output?
Which DAC should I build? I love the idea of re-clocking with a small input-buffer and automatically adjusting the DACs clock to the sources clock.
Which headphone-amp should I build? Maybe something with tubes?

Hi,
could anybody wrap this thread up for me please? I'm a bit confused by "Buffer for Blues", "B^2", "Blue's Buffers Brother", "B^3", Zv4j, F2v2, ...
Well, basically there is one important question I have:
Is this: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/atta...67416426-buffer-blues-zen-v4jfet-cascoded.zip the modification to go for?

I think I'm guilty at making up the names for the sake of brevity...

Buffer for Blues as designed by NP = B^2 = Blues' Buffer;

Blues' Buffer's Brother is B^2 with me adding the old ZVP3310 as a cascode = B^3 (schematic you attached);

B^2 or B^3 = Zv4j = Zv4jfet;

Coming soon Zv4jj...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.