New Aleph Mini Parts GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
jleaman,

i would be interested in matched Sets of IRF9610 and IRFP240 for my AX. I really appreciate your offer to assemble the kits as i don`t have any free time at the moment to do this by myself.

Brian,

could you also offer the Soft Start pcbs seperately? Are you going to include Maxhawks circuit for a momentary switch? Really nice work with the Mini A boards! Im looking forward to see the Soft Start pcbs. Is there a deadline for the GB?

illusionxx

What we really need is someone who lives in the US very close to the border, and could just pop over to post a package!
Sure, I had a lot of packages from all over the world, most of them slipped through customs if it says Cadeau= present, and value 5usd. Then the customs doesnt bother to check it, mostly:cool: Sometimes they do, anyway:dead: You have to have a good explanation in that case:D :D I actually, was lucky enough to escape those also, because of my slippery tongue :rolleyes: But you could have a hard time:eek:

Steen.

BTW. I do not think we need any more excuses for the pricesetting. Everything ought to be clear by now:) :)

I guess with some bigger heatsinks the boards could handle the aleph 60 ?.....
Yeah, hit up PassLabs and see how many output devices and what railvoltage that is needed.

"Regarding the component kits, I looked over the prices with Jason. It appears that $40 CDN for the Mini-A and $55 CDN for the Aleph30 component kits will work out for the order. Keep in mind that he will have to pay 15% taxes on the digikey order (digikey prices are also a higher in Canada). In order to avoid him losing money on the whole thing, there must be a little of overhead in there in case orders get lost and other unforeseen events. Also account for the paypal and exchange rates for the paypal tranactions. I will work with him and monitor how it is going for him. In the end if everything works out perfect, then diyAudio should be getting a donation from him."

Indeed, I think this is really where the price would be as I calculated it if costs to cover expenses were to accrue. Jason, I can live with this on the pricing and its very fair. I will order a few kits to give away.

Hence, I will also donate to the group buy how ever many .47 ohm 3 watt Dale RS2C-23 3% resistors you may need to fill the parts orders. Just let me know when I can ship them to you or what ever.

On another note, Brian HAS offered me PCB's in return for doing the tests. I still want to auction off the first test pair of Mini-As and donate the $$ to the DIY site. The remainder of any PCB's that I get from Brian are always as in the past given away to others that I know will go through with building a Pass(or other) project. Most of the boards that I've bought or received in the past, Mini-As from Mike W., and Aleph X and KSA-50 boards that I bought have gone this route....... I have also built Alephs for others at zero profit for my time and efforts in all the chassis work and such because I enjoy it and the others involved also learn from assisting me. "Lucky Lindy" is one of those that now has an Aleph 3! I already have a Mini-A, a pair of Aleph 2's, and a KSA-50 here.... I don't need many more amps for now...... hows about some preamp boards for a change! Pleezeeeeee.....

Mark

Mark A. Gulbrandsen said:
"Regarding the component kits, I looked over the prices with Jason. It appears that $40 CDN for the Mini-A and $55 CDN for the Aleph30 component kits will work out for the order. Keep in mind that he will have to pay 15% taxes on the digikey order (digikey prices are also a higher in Canada). In order to avoid him losing money on the whole thing, there must be a little of overhead in there in case orders get lost and other unforeseen events. Also account for the paypal and exchange rates for the paypal tranactions. I will work with him and monitor how it is going for him. In the end if everything works out perfect, then diyAudio should be getting a donation from him."

Indeed, I think this is really where the price would be if costs to conver expenses were to happem. Jason, I can live with this on the pricing and its very fair.

Hence, I will donate to the group buy how ever many .47 ohm 3 watt Dale RS2C-23 3% resistors you may need to fill the parts orders. Just let me know......

On another note, Brian HAS offered me PCB's in return for doing the tests. I still want to auction off the forst test pair of Minis and donate the $$ to the DIY site. The remainder of any PCB's that I get form Brian are always as in the past given awau to others that I know will go through with building a Pass(or other) project. Most of the boards that I've bought or received in the past have gone this route....... I already have a Mini-A, A pair of Aleph 2's and a KSA-50 here.... I don't need many more amps here...... hows about some preamps for a change!

Mark

Id like to finnish my Aleph P1.7 Soon :D This is my goal .

Mark If you want email me ill send you the address and you can ship them parts out asap now for it to get here and me get going on the list's and stuff.

Well, The Mini A's use 4 and the 30 uses 12. I don't think you'll need 1000 of them. Let me know the total number of the of orders for each of the kits and I will send you enough to cover all the kits plus a few dozen extra in case you need to fill a few late orders. UPS won't take that long to get to you. I will send these gratis... free....

BTW: 1000 fills 250 Mini kits or 83 Aleph 30 kits...... I don't think that many kits are going to be sold...... but if it does than thats fine :nod: .

Jason, you might also want to post that link to the Wiki every now and then as its already burried in the number of pages here...... its easier for those just comming into the thread to know about it and sign up.

Mark

Ok, lots of Dale CW2C-14's at .47 ohms. There was no charge for the vintage dust that came with them.

Mark

Attachments

• brian gt mini aleph.jpg
    brian gt mini aleph.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 549
I've used these in both the Mini-A's and in the 3, should be just fine in the 30 as well. I will count them over the weekend. I would gestimate somewhere between 500 and 1000 in the box.......

Yup I got Yur mail Jason. I may split this into several shipments to you just to see that the first batch gets through ok....... if they don't then we'll figure out something else......

Mark

Re: Part's Group Buy Guys

jleaman said:
Part's Group Buy Guys

These component kits will include the needed components to go along with the miniALEPH pcbs from the Group Buy. There will be 2 configurations offered:

- Mini-Aleph component kit: contains all the pcb components needed for 2 channels of the miniALEPH configuration, providing 10w per channel. Included closely matched IRF9610 devices.

- Aleph-30 component kit: contains all the pcb components needed for 2 channels of the Mimi-Aleph configuration, providing 30w per channel. Included closely matched IRF9610 devices and IRFP240.

The component kits will contain the resistors, capacitors and semiconductor devices needed for populating the amplifier boards.

A parts list will be posted soon, containing the exact contents of both component kits.

http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=miniALEPH+PCB+Component+Kits

Cut off for this is next friday any one wantingto pay now is ok please email me for detail's.

Re: Re: transformer question

rabstg said:

Rick-
Australia is the BEST place to get heat sinks. Conrad is right there and have excellent heat sinks reasonably priced.

http://www.conradheatsinks.com/products/

Dave-
If you use the output boards 12-0-12 x 300va will get you around 20-25 wpc.

Jason-
I'm signed up on the Wiki for some parts kits but I would like to pay for them if the price is now stable ;) .

Will you be accepting Paypal or first borns only? I'm JOKING. 7:51 AM here... Maybe it's too early to start having fun.. Sorry.

Anyway, I do thank you for doing the parts kits. Really helpful.

paypal Address for you guys is jzroback @ telus.net
Please include money for shipping.
J'

jason

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.