New Aleph Mini Parts GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
UPDATE

i have had a hand full or more of emails about me doing parts buy for the psu part's any one that is interested please go to the wikki and put a x beside the PSU column. I'd like to see how many people are interested then ill calculate how much it will be for all the parts i need a rough estimate for the parts count.

Those of you that have paid through pay pal 2 people PLEASE PUT DOWN on the wikki that you have paid.
j'

http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=miniALEPH+PCB+Component+Kits

jleaman said:
Did you email me i just sat down for 45 min and replied to a pile of emails : O ) if not resend a email..

Jason

Ok i spent 2 hours doing out a sheet and asking Planet10 for ideas on shipping since he ships about 10,000 packages a year or more i have got a price for the psu kit to be about 60$ us for the kit that is one psu board with all components packaging and parts 6 caps @ 10,ooo Mf 35V Panasonic is 51$ Canadian
Im going to be shipping the parts in tube's with foam so the cap's dont get damaged. Dave has a good idea to use carpet tube'ing to ship so nothing gets crushed or smashed. I dont know what shipping is i will be workin with dave this weekend if i can to figure out size and weight for caps and build a test tube and weigh it. It sucks to see the kit a pretty price but the most expencive are the snap in cap's.

jason

pinkmouse said:
Jason,

Have you spoken to Apex JR to see if he has any suitable caps in at the moment? That might work out a lot cheaper. Yes, they may not be Panasonics, but I suspect for these amps quantity is more important than quality. ;)

Good idea ill email him right now ..

Thanks.

200 for the DIY Audio guys I'll sell you for $ 2. 95ea

itsparks@uniserve.com wrote:

10,000Mfd
80V
Snap-In 1 3/8" X 3 1/8" Nichicon $3.95

What kinda price you want to give me if i order 200 of them this is for the
diy audio for the group buy for the psu boards for brian gt's amps for the
aleph mini's.

pink mouse reminded me that you sell these caps.

200 x 3.10 is 620.00 us should in clude shipping from steve to me

Jason

rick57 said:
Hi Jason

> put a x beside the PSU column
My attempt to be clear didn’t work: I think you need two PSU columns, one for Mini, one for the A30s.

> 60$ us for the kit
Is that for the Mini or A30?

Cheers :up:

60$us for the PSU part's Kit. : O ) and the psu kit will work for either the a mini or the a 30.

but that price is going to go down if i get the caps from apex JR

jason.

Apex Jr. Nichicon

pinkmouse said:
Jason,

Have you spoken to Apex JR to see if he has any suitable caps in at the moment? That might work out a lot cheaper. Yes, they may not be Panasonics, but I suspect for these amps quantity is more important than quality. ;)

The "SPECIAL PURCHASE.........Snap-In caps
10,000uf 63V' on the "new" page at Apex Jr. are Nichicon. I have some of these from ApexJr.

They measure as having the same 35mm footprint as the Panasonic 10,000s in BrianGT 3886 power supply kit. The caps are snap-in that fit the hole.

The quantity one price is $1.50.

Re: Apex Jr. Nichicon

moving_electron said:

The "SPECIAL PURCHASE.........Snap-In caps
10,000uf 63V' on the "new" page at Apex Jr. are Nichicon. I have some of these from ApexJr.

They measure as having the same 35mm footprint as the Panasonic 10,000s in BrianGT 3886 power supply kit. The caps are snap-in that fit the hole.

The quantity one price is $1.50.

Wonder why he didnt catch this.

Re: Re: Re: Apex Jr. Nichicon

moving_electron said:
These are actually a smaller (narrower footprint) but taller. Not particularly tall but taller than the 10000uF 63V

Personally, I'd prefer shorter caps that fit the PCB footprint if it only means a couple of extra bucks. Even a few mm can mean a big difference in price when you put stuff in a chassis.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Apex Jr. Nichicon

jeff mai said:

Personally, I'd prefer shorter caps that fit the PCB footprint if it only means a couple of extra bucks. Even a few mm can mean a big difference in price when you put stuff in a chassis.

yup i agree id rather buy what brian has used for the layout and tested. If we order 200 caps and they dont fit we dont get a refund : O ) and it is all wasted time.

I say we stick with the quote i gave for people and go from there.

Im trying to get it to 20 kit's 1 kit = 1 package to fill the psu board.

Jason

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Apex Jr. Offer.

Since this site has been very good to me I'm willing
to give a DIY Forum price breaks on prices listed on the
website on The Snap In caps and the 3 toroids used in
the gainclones, say for the :
10, 000 Uf 63 V at $1.20 ea
12, 000 Uf 50 V at $1.00 ea
12,000 Uf 63 V at $1.50 ea
12,000 Uf 35 V at 3/ $1.00

TOROIDS
2 X 25V 50 Vct 100 VA. $15.00ea
2 X 28.4v 56.8Vct 160Va $19.95ea
2 X 21V 42Vct 80Va $10.00ea

TO 220 Heat sinks listed on new arival page
thermalloy 6079 .10ea
thermalloy 7022 .15ea

anything else needed just ask,
TO GET THESE PRICES YOU MUST MENTION THIS FORUM BY NAME.

STEVE @ Apex Jr.
www.apexjr.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.