The Aleph-X

Thank you, Holger, for your response.

I did follow the thread but found a bit difficult :bawling: as I am new to this subject and from time to from maybe need some more elaboration. :D Thank people like you to bring the rest of us to a higher level :yes: and appreciate poeple like you who do not just do :headshot: to the rest of us who are a little behind.

I still have the question on the rail voltage. :headbash: In Grey's original design there was one output device per leg either but 15V was used. If there are no other reasons, why not just keep the 15V in the latter version? :confused:

I've been reading this thread since day one. I've seen PCB layouts/artwork, but I haven't seen anyone offering to have these boards produced. Maybe I missed it? Is there any chance someone might have 50 boards made and sell them, a la BrianGT/Harvardian in another thread? Or a company, such as the Czech company that produces the blue boards for other Aleph designs, which might offer them?

dc said:
I've been reading this thread since day one. I've seen PCB layouts/artwork, but I haven't seen anyone offering to have these boards produced. Maybe I missed it? Is there any chance someone might have 50 boards made and sell them, a la BrianGT/Harvardian in another thread? Or a company, such as the Czech company that produces the blue boards for other Aleph designs, which might offer them?

I second this. I sure would like a board already etched and drilled
for the components. My past experience with making my own
boards was an experience I don't want to repeat.

Regards,

Woody

Slight Modification

The Aleph boards have only 1 set of circuitry for the current source setup and biasing the output fets. The Aleph-X requires that there be two for each half of the bridge.

Unless it can be done with what is on the board (an exercise for keener minds than mine).

Vinay

Yes Nelson,you are right,it is not the right thing to get for a DIY project...!
But I think about getting a backlightened Vu meter for bias indication,I find it cool on the face plate,and if you have a problem inside you see it from the faceplate...not with a nasty smell in the room or little bits of TO247 ejected at you!!!...If I am fast enough,I can reduce volume or running to switch of the amp...DIYaudio can be a sport,isn't it?

Regards

Anael ;)

Well, you could design a high Impedance current sensing control circuit easily enough. Even use an off the shelf Honeywell circuit, connect the output to a relay that cut's power to the supply rails. You could even shunt the rails across a load resistor and disconnect the mains at the same time to eliminate any thump.

Oh how about redundant devices, if a transistor fails, current swing causes a similar circuit to flip the rail to the other device. When the failed FET stops conducting it trips a logic gate which turns on a LED telling you which device has failed.

or you could........
What were we talking about? :)

Anthony