Another B1 design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Salas, thanks for chiming in.I was under the impression LM317 is the noisiest. Of course two Reflektors will be perfect for power supply. I thought a zener emitter follower will help in terms of reducing PCB size and will have a middle ground in terms of PS noise. I am making these inferences based on this
Simple Voltage Regulators Part 1: Noise - [English]
There is a thread I started in power supply asking for design help. May be you can help me out with some recommendations ( extremely valuable) ;)
Zener+Voltage follower

I just used a ubiquitous regulator chips example. Because you mentioned parts count if going +/- PSU. Read small, few, and ready, in general. You can add a capacitance multiplier or an RC cell after LM317/337. There are other chips of course with low noise spec. Super low noise rails in B1 style line level buffers isn't the first technical priority nonetheless. They are not very keen to manifest it. No gain and high level signal, they also got their own little CCS. If you want to roll your own Zener referenced PSUs use a stiffer BJT current source for it so to increase the ref's line regulation. Or experiment with those simpler examples you linked.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.