Sony SITs - 2SK82 E Rank With 2SJ28 F Rank

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sony 2SJ18 is not rank from 53 to 58 after document
i have doubt is genuine one :scratch:
Some rank first or last unknow batch ?
:yinyang::trapper:

Attachments

• Sony HiFi SB49 TA-4650 & 5650 Page 1.jpg
    Sony HiFi SB49 TA-4650 & 5650 Page 1.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 952
I have sources of 2sk60 jF-34 2sJ18 JG-24 they are originals and the sellers says he has still around 50 pairs comes from a japanese supplier before....
My question is are they really match pair?

As per DiyAudio member, the rank number is only the last digit and the other including sub letters are batch number etc... In this case the rank is 4.

Looking at the attached datasheet...they are rank from 2 to 8 if i'm not mistaken.

Attachments

• 2SK60 SONY.pdf
    61.3 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Junm;3817560As per DiyAudio member said:
Acronman has been referring to the letter of the rank designation in their
offerings, for example I have been purchasing "E" designations.

This does give rise to some confusion which I think will be resolved shortly.

On the other hand, I am simply testing each part, and so should you. I heat
sink them and run them at 20 Vds and determine which Vgs value gives me
0.5 and 1.0 amp Ids.

So far for parallel operation I have been using values within 0.1 Vgs, and
they behave gracefully. Probably you could expand that tolerance to 0.2 V
or even higher without problems.

The only parallel case so far has been the big Sony VFET commemoratives,
the other examples being just single pairs of P and N which do not require
Vgs matching.

:cool:

Hi all!

My Res-Sit have been playing beatifully through my new Alpair12P - for a couple years now.:)
But I got one extra(spare) pair of 2SK82 from Acronman - just in case. If someone is interrested - I can put them on EBay? Have moved to Dac-building and other projects!

It is same rank as the original that Michael used in the original LÀmp (I`m stucked in the storm in the NorthSea - so can`t check for the moment)

Or is there someone around the westcoast of Norway - give a sign.:radar:

Best

Olav

This website seems to have them at a reasonably price:

It's sad but I don't trust any semiconductor device purchased out of China - a few rotten apples have tainted the whole barrel. Nothing against China or against buying other products from China where I can see clearly what I am getting. Recently I bought some chasis from China and they are just fine.

So far for parallel operation I have been using values within 0.1 Vgs, and
they behave gracefully. Probably you could expand that tolerance to 0.2 V
or even higher without problems.

The only parallel case so far has been the big Sony VFET commemoratives,
the other examples being just single pairs of P and N which do not require
Vgs matching.

:cool:

If Vgs matching is not an option to ensure best current-sharing between pairs, due to limited amount of devices available, what would be the best alternative to matching - considering common drain setup:

Different Bias setting per pair (adjustable bias-regluation circuit per pair), or

Different, selected source-degeneration resistors per pair (adjust transconductance), or

Different drain resistors per pair ?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
If Vgs matching is not an option to ensure best current-sharing between pairs, due to limited amount of devices available, what would be the best alternative to matching - considering common drain setup:

Different Bias setting per pair (adjustable bias-regluation circuit per pair), or

Different, selected source-degeneration resistors per pair (adjust transconductance), or

Different drain resistors per pair ?

proper Ugs matching inside polarity group is necessity ; maybe small Rs ( 0.05 or max 0.1R to help in troublesome combinations) ; in this case , Ugs matching is more confirmation of bigger probability that all group members are having similar enough xconductance

however - Ugs matching between polarity groups is nonsense

xconductance being most important factor , different source or drain resistor (when possible ) are out of question , as directly imposing on xconductance and current transfer

Yea...

Hi OlavHaal

This Sony 2SK82 be come rare and its very probably we see preamplifier diy project with them or others and is useful to have spare parts for the future.
;)

I have been waiting for a preamp-project for my 2SK82 - but have nearly given up.
But as you and Michael (+ other) has said - there will be new building based on these gem`s!

I will keep them for a rainy day.:cool:

Best
Olav

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.