Fairchild interest.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dudes,

top line on the devices starts with F for Fairchild, next one is the plant code, then manufacturing period/date, blah blah blah.
Aka the left one is manufactured in Thailand, right one in China.

Oldy, but still amusing, B for....

Attachments

• bangcock.JPG
    bangcock.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
If matching is good, quads should run at $4/fet and octuplets around $6/fet. It is possible that octuplets are hard to come by and if so, the price may be higher. At this point, it all speculation. Being that they are from unopened boxes, I am hoping for good matching. I am thinking 1-2 month match time. If it is going slow, I will ramp up matching setup. They will be matched on large heatsinks using DiyAudio store spacing, as this is a probable setup for then in their final resting space. I want to try to match in groups vs singles, as it is my belief that this will yield more reliable results.

The ones I have look like the one on the right. They came from an authorized distributor. But the ones in the real F5 look like the one on the left. So I'd say they're both genuine.

Many thanks to all for the input on fakes. I have 60 or so of the ones on the right, so really glad the outcome is that they look OK.

I've bought and seen fakes before, 2SK170s from MCM Electronics, with poor printing and poor measurements, and these didn't seem to be like that.
Mucho appreciato :sax:

Many thanks to all for the input on fakes. I have 60 or so of the ones on the right, so really glad the outcome is that they look OK.

I've bought and seen fakes before, 2SK170s from MCM Electronics, with poor printing and poor measurements, and these didn't seem to be like that.
Mucho appreciato :sax:

I wonder how MCM got the fakes? Did they go outside the normal distribution chain?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.