Fairchild interest.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
1 quad is 4 matched N pieces, 4 matched P pieces.
This is enough to do one channel of F5v3 one channel, or two F2v2 both channels. Mind you it will be cheaper to order two pairs instead.
A sextet would be an oddball for F5's, but is 6 matched devices per rail. But is you wanted to do a BA2 with two output boards each channel, you would want two of these.

I want to do Burning amp 3 with the second set, 6 devices per channel, do I need to alter the order?

For the F-5, it will have 4 per channel, V2 style. Do I want quads, I thought all four devices needed to be matched on these dual output F-5s. Are you saying two matched pairs, even though not matched with each other?

Thanks for pointing this out!

Russellc

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
I want to do Burning amp 3 with the second set, 6 devices per channel, do I need to alter the order?

For the F-5, it will have 4 per channel, V2 style. Do I want quads, I thought all four devices needed to be matched on these dual output F-5s. Are you saying two matched pairs, even though not matched with each other?

Thanks for pointing this out!

Russellc

Hmm.
A couple things. N and P won't be matched together. The general vgs of the P channels is ~1v higher. Not going to happen.
So N's will be matched together, Ps will be matched together.

For A BA3 with one standard complementary output board (6 devices total) a sextuplet will work for you, for both channels.

No misunderstanding at all and you answered already it is the sicknes...
So now if you need 3 amping for spare system in spare wall :D

yes thats usually the excuse i tell myself, as well as 'research' to find the best match for speakers and ears

Balanced?
yes all is balanced, so there is 2 x the number of amps, roughly 20x poweramps channels on PCB (if we talk individual phases) as well as various experiments

its ridiculous! i have no room for my work in my workshop

its ridiculous! i have no room for my work in my workshop

Would you kindly replace ridiculous with Sick:D and it all make sense and worth striwing for

Is all a question of perceptions (bit like half empty or half full)

Or more to this case My perception and Hers (what do you need speakers for the Hi Fi as we already have 5 for the telly (cheap and nasty ones) sorth off thing.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Okay, okay so drifting off topic. I have three workbenches and their undersides filled with audio related stuff, and 5 unused chassis with heatsinks. I spent today clearing off one to work with this science project more, and adding another bench to hook up PC with audio card, hopefully for distortion analysis.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• buehehe.gif
    buehehe.gif
    33.3 KB · Views: 195
My name is Bksabath and I am a S.D.B. ....

I am feeling sick of being sick and it is time that I get my act togheter.
At first it was a litle pre with litle 8 legged critters nothing fancy but then I got lead on to bigher things and eventualy found myself negletting my regular job and my family to spend time testing mosfets.

Tanks for listening

The story on how I have spent her toilet paper money on a curve tracer at next meeting

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.