Fairchild interest.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Everyone. Both TeaBag and I have a link to the spreadsheet for the new GB. We have plenty of fets to go around so put in your interest. The pricing should be similar to the IRF's from Tech DIY as a guide. If this needs to be moved to the group buy section, I ask the moderators to kindly do so. I will try update the thread as new info is available.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
yea i wish this would be cleared up too . Buzz quoted a price of @ $5-6 / matched pair in the first post in this thread . that's all i have to go on .

cheers Woody

Well, we have yet to match these all yet to get a target on what our yield per 100 or so devices for matched pair leaves us. So it's difficult to say.
What should be assume is that per device cost for a quad will be higher than a pair for instance. Lets assume that it's a lot easier to find a 10 pair in 100 than finding 10 octets in 100. But we don't know right now.

Therefore it's premature to make guesses. Our raw cost per unit will not allow these to be crazy pricing. IRF costs have decreased, but last year or two were much higher. Toshiba prices are nuts, so nowhere near that. I assume it will be a little higher than IRF and far less than Toshibas.
But we had to get some huge cost outlay overall in order to make this happen, so we have to take that into account to. That investment has already been made.

There are no current plans to sell unmatched, or in N or P only sets. These will be at least a pair of N matched, and a pair of P's matched, and as most of you know there is no matching in between the VGS range for the devices is too far off for that to occur.

Other thoughts Buzz and I will have to work out - this is not totally fleshed out yet. Be patient. Some of you know that I try to be fair and reasonable :)

We are thinking $6/pair($3/ piece), $16/quad($4/piece), $30/sextuplet($5/piece). This is inline with tech diy prices from what I remember. In the end it all depends on matching turnout. I think this is a quage for which you can judge your purchase.

Last edited:
We are thinking $6/pair($3/ piece), $16/quad($4/piece), $30/sextuplet($5/piece). This is inline with tech diy prices from what I remember. In the end it all depends on matching turnout. I think this is a quage for which you can judge your purchase.

i think people are confused because you say $6 / pair ,$3 /piece but on the spreadsheet a matched pair is 4 pieces . so am i correct in concluding a matched pair = 4 pieces = $12 not $6 ?

Joined 2006
Paid Member
i think people are confused because you say $6 / pair ,$3 /piece but on the spreadsheet a matched pair is 4 pieces . so am i correct in concluding a matched pair = 4 pieces = $12 not $6 ?

Woody the confusion is that we are selling them as sets of N and P channel. This is problem different than anyone else's previous offerings.

So orders 1 matched set - it will have two N's matched and two P devices matched in a static bag or tube 4 parts. Lets assume that it will cost 12, and is enough to do a old school F5 amp. T

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.