F5 Turbo Circuit Boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
does it? when the stereo amp must be 4x taller? thats twice as much heatsinks as for 2 monoblocks. and the heatsinks are the most expensive part of the chassis. only topp and bottom plates that will be more expensive on monoblocks. and thats about 30$.

Again your math is well ...:rolleyes:

Mono means two chassis , not only xtra top and bottom , means 2 face plates , 2 rear plates. Price it out , it is very similar in cost to 2 stereo chassis. Separate PCB, now requires 4 PCB /Ch 8 to do stereo , you must be using the same calculators as used by current economic leaders ... :D

To do as purpose is more costly ........... :down:

Again your math is well ...:rolleyes:

Mono means two chassis , not only xtra top and bottom , means 2 face plates , 2 rear plates. Price it out , it is very similar in cost to 2 stereo chassis. Separate PCB, now requires 4 PCB /Ch 8 to do stereo , you must be using the same calculators as used by current economic leaders ... :D

To do as purpose is more costly ........... :down:
lets take it more spesific.
stereo amp:
4pc. 10x12" heatsinks
1pc. 17x12" front
2pc. 20x11" topp/bottom
1pc. 11x12" back

1 monoblock:
4pc. 10x3" heatsinks
1pc. 17x3" front
2pc. 20x11" topp/bottom
1pc. 11x3" back

2 monoblocks ARE cheeper. and can handel the same amount of power as that one stereo amp. 2pc. of monoblocks use total of 10x24" heatsinks. and 17x6" front/back.

stereoamp use total of 10x48" heatsinks and total of 17x12" front/back.
how the hell can a stereo amp be cheeper?
in either case, you need 2ch ampboard, 2 pc PSUboards and 2 pc of 800VA transformer is most likely the same(ish) price as one 1500VA.

Last edited:
Looking great! The more I think about it, the more I prefer having the input and output boards separated.

Can you add some mounting holes to both boards? Also, any way you might be able to setup the PS Board to accept Fukushima MPC74 type power resistors? I'm finishing up a big GB for these resistors, and I'm about to mail out 900 of these things. I have a feeling a few members might want to use it on your PS Board.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Looking great! The more I think about it, the more I prefer having the input and output boards separated.

Can you add some mounting holes to both boards? Also, any way you might be able to setup the PS Board to accept Fukushima MPC74 type power resistors? I'm finishing up a big GB for these resistors, and I'm about to mail out 900 of these things. I have a feeling a few members might want to use it on your PS Board.

Let me grab the data sheet and look at that

AudioSan , you are one funny guy ... you do know you need 2 chassis for Mono Bloc's, let me fix it for you ... :)

lets take it more spesific.
stereo amp:
4pc. 10x12" heatsinks
1pc. 17x12" front
2pc. 20x11" topp/bottom
1pc. 11x12" back

2 monoblock:
8pc. 10x3" heatsinks
2pc. 17x3" front
4pc. 20x11" topp/bottom
2pc. 11x3" back

Now you have 2 chassis cheaper than one .... :rolleyes:

2 monoblocks ARE cheeper.

Yes i know, just the stupid manufacturers haven't figured that out yet and still offer stereo amplifiers in one chassis ... :rolleyes:

and the stereo amp will need atleast twice the baseplate as the monoblocks, to spread the heat. thats not cheep.

Have you priced out fans .... they work ...:) anyway looking forward in seeing your 3 inch high mono blocs .....:rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
You are a funny guy ... you do know you need 2 chassis for Mono Bloc's, let me fix it for you ... :)

Now you have 2 chassis cheaper than one .... :rolleyes:

Yes i know, just the stupid manufacturers haven't figured that out yet and still offer stereo amplifiers in one chassis ... :rolleyes:

Have you priced out fans .... they work ...:)

stereo amp chassis need to be 4 times taller then 2 monoblock chassis to handle the same amount of power. so twice as mutch heatsinks. twice as big front/back as 2 mnoblocks together we are not talking about fans now. and the bigger the heatsink the thicker baseplate of the sinks. thats a fact!!
we are NOT talking about monoblocks and stereoamp of same sice!!!!!!
a 2x100W stereo class A amp most be 4 times taller then a 1x100W class A monoblock(taken the same type sinks and depth)!!

BTW: i had calculated for 2 monoblocks. find a calculator and look and the total numbers i gave you. those are for 2 monoblocks. not for one!

Last edited:
stereo amp chassis need to be 4 times taller then 2 monoblock chassis to handle the same amount of power. so twice as mutch heatsinks. twice as big front/back as 2 mnoblocks together we are not talking about fans now. and the bigger the heatsink the thicker baseplate of the sinks. thats a fact!!
we are NOT talking about monoblocks and stereoamp of same sice!!!!!!
a 2x100W stereo class A amp most be 4 times taller then a 1x100W class A monoblock(taken the same type sinks and depth)!!

BTW: i had calculated for 2 monoblocks. find a calculator and look and the total numbers i gave you. those are for 2 monoblocks. not for one!

San ,

I increased your numbers in my response, your original post had parts for one mono amp. The heatsinks in stereo is not necessarily 4 times the size and most if not all expressed using fans..

Even if i had monster heat sinks i would still use a temperature controlled fan for the case and i still say you cannot fit 4 boards , caps, rectifiers and transformer in a 3 inch tall case, so your numbers are off...:xeye:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.