Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th April 2011, 02:02 AM   #181
Horio is offline Horio  United States
diyAudio Member

My Sumr transformers say:

Part # RC0600 915 5
Old 29th April 2011, 04:17 PM   #182
EUVL is offline EUVL  Europe
diyAudio Member

Variac,

Would you be so kind to give us an update for the prototype PCB ordering progress ?
I presume you already have the Gerber files from fitzfish a few days back.

Thx,
Patrick
Old 7th May 2011, 05:03 PM   #183
diyAudio Member

Time is due for another update :

Main Amp PCB & Regulator PCB

The Gerber files have been all checked and sent to Variac for prototyping. I do not have a date as to when they will arrive. The 10 sets of proto PCBs will go to the 3 test team members for testing when available.

Regulator MOSFET GB

I have heard from ZhouFang. He knows what needs sending to where. I do not have a date when that will happen. Patience required. Nothing much else I can do there.

Resistor GB

Is progressing well. We have ordered the resistors. They will arrive soon enough, and will be shipped to the matchers mid June. Full marks to the GB leader (Horio).

The match team has already received matching instructions from me, and are preapring for the required matching hardware. Many interesting discussions and inputs there.

Case GB

Mark is waiting for a few small parts before he can confirm total weight and hence bulk shipment cost. Because there are only 3 subscribers in Asian, they will receive their parts directly from us. Only when there is a cost advantage will we ship in bulk (to US and Austria).

We shall ask for the down payment only when all the info are available.

John has a quote on hand for the 25 pairs fully machined Conrad heatsinks. We still need to clarify a few points with Conrad. So I expect you would know more in the next week or two.

Test Team

The test team has already their test tasks distributed. Dave is busy preparing the bills of material for the many configurations. Once that is done, the test team will proceed with the test plan. We shall publish the results in stages, after each test stage has been fully completed and we are satisfied with the results.

So much for now,
Patrick

Last edited by EUVL; 7th May 2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 7th May 2011, 06:14 PM   #184
diyAudio Member

EUVL,

I'm on the "case list" for the U.S GB. I've ordered and paid for the resistor GB.

Will heatsinks be part of the "case list", or will that be a separate GB (or individual buy)?

I'm assuming there will be a PCB buy (from you?) after testing and prototyping, true?

WIll there be a GB for the matched semiconductors, other resistors, etc?

Now that I've risen to the lists to get a case, I just want to make certain I have not forgotten any other parts/materials/transformer lists I ought to be on, to get together most of my components.

Thanks, EUVL, for spearheading this overall effort. With everything else on your plate, I can imagine how busy you are.....

Ken

P.S. Curse you, Papa Pass--my completion of your outstanding "standard F5" has given me (and my wallet) the audiophile flu once again..... And thank you for that illness....it truly is contagious.....!!!!
Old 7th May 2011, 06:35 PM   #185
diyAudio Member

> Will heatsinks be part of the "case list", or will that be a separate GB (or individual buy)?

The people who have subscribed for the case will get a quote for the heat sink as well.
John is arranging that directly with Conrad, so that you get the best deal possible.

Only those subscribers will be taken care of by the GB action by John.

> I'm assuming there will be a PCB buy (from you?) after testing and prototyping, true?

No, the main amp PCB and the PSU PCB will be directly available from the DIYA shop in unlimited quantities, after testing.

> WIll there be a GB for the matched semiconductors, other resistors, etc?

That is up to you to organise.

> Now that I've risen to the lists to get a case, I just want to make certain I have not forgotten any other parts/materials/transformer lists I ought to be on, to get together most of my components.

These will follow as many of the 25 subscribers will have the same need.
And one tester will certainly show the way.

> With everything else on your plate, I can imagine how busy you are.....

You have no idea how busy I am at work, making a living to make this possible in the first place !!
And you also have no idea what I have in the pipe .....

Patrick
Old 7th May 2011, 08:10 PM   #186
diyAudio Member

Thanks, Patrick..... and continued best wishes on your new designs!
Old 7th May 2011, 10:30 PM   #187
NYCOne is offline NYCOne  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EUVL View Post
>And you also have no idea what I have in the pipe .....

Sounds interesting...organic or crystalline?

I have 16 pair of Toshiba 2SK3497/2SJ618 in the US if I can be of assistance to your group.
Old 7th May 2011, 11:44 PM   #188
diyAudio Member

That is a generous offer.
You may contact me by PM for details.

Patrick
Old 12th May 2011, 04:56 PM   #189
diyAudio Member

Another update :

The GB 2SK3497/2SJ618's have just been sent by ZhouFang.
I'll let you know when they arrive for matching.

The offer of post #187 to sell us the extra 16 pairs at cost was not taken, but with thanks.

Patrick
Old 15th May 2011, 08:53 AM   #190
diyAudio Member

Both Fitzfish and I have not heard from Variac for a week or so.
We are waiting for his response regarding the amp PCBs and PSU PCBs.
If someone from the forum can contact him, please send him a reminder for us please.

Thanks,
Patrick

Hide this!Advertise here!