F5X -- the EUVL Approach

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The purchase was for 10 sets, 7 of those went to the testing team, the other 3 went to in less than 30 seconds. The people who got the components have got just exactly that, the components to go onto the board. This is jsut so people can get in early. The components are easily available from element14, excluding a bridge rectifier that can be bought from digikey and mouser, and the LED which has several online sources, and if you can handle red/green rather than red/blue can be bought from element 14 too. This was only to do with price.

You need to get what you can get.

6-7mA Idss are rare for BL grade. Most of them are around 8-10mA.
That is why I give you a table so that you can pick what you can get your hands on.

The only difference is the amount of negative feedback, which is proportional to the drain resistor value.
That is, the smaller the Idss, the larger the Rd, the more NFB you get.
But load impedance also has a direct influence.

So for your purpose, anything from 6-9mA bias is OK.

Patrick

I have asked for perfect pairs (7,0 and 8,18 mA) and higher current versions if not available, of course everybody can contact Spencer, but I think one joined effort may be better for all parties.(my response to him was pretty quick)
I am willing to buy 50 or maybe more of his best pairs (quads, octets), and provide them for cost to all F5X builders (as far as they need them)
I will keep the rest for future ventures.

It looks like we are lucky! Spencer will be able to provide pairs of fets in 2 ranges:

K170 will be 6.9 to 7.0 or 7.0 to 7.1 and J74 will be 8.1 to 8.2 or 8.2 to 8.3 mA

There will be enough for all F5X builders if they want.

I will buy the complete lot from Spencer and offer them to all F5X builders for cost.
(The rest I will save for future adventures)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.