F5X -- the EUVL Approach

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
SMD Group Buy ?

I see lots of SMD on the reg PCB.
Do we have SMD on the amp PCB?
Do we have a list of these SMD components?
Should we organise a Group Buy of the SMD?

I am about to place an order with Rapid online, which I could hold back for a week or two if I am going to add in UK & European requests for SMD components.

Last edited:
This is not the regulator PCB, it is the Protection/Control PCB, yes there is a large amount of SMD components on this board, and yes there will probably be a group buy. There will be a bill of materials published in good time (It is already written).
As a guide, if you are willing to purchase some components from farnel and some components from digikey. a protection board will cost about $50 if the GB contains 10 people plus the PCB. In quantities of 100 that will go down to $35.
This board is configurable in what each of the relays can be triggered by, and this configuration will be detailed in good time.
There are about 150 components on this board. However it is completely discrete components, and the auxiliary PSU is now integrated onto this PCB.

Also EUVL i think you have forgotten one thing on the back panel of the chassis. The button to reset protection board if it trips.

Alexis,

I failed to spot that you did not put in a reset push button. My fault.
It needs wiring to +5V and the trip reset line, the latter is wired to a terminal block.
So easy enough to add, but probably not necessary.

In case of a fault, the mains power to the amp Tx will be disconnected by the mains relay.
You then want to check the amp anyhow after disconnecting the speakers.
This means you probably want to power the amp one channel at a time with a lab PSU.
So resetting the protection board is not necessary.

If you have to, power off and waiting 2 minutes will also do.
Thus I'll rather leave it as is, unless you want to change the layout.

Your call. ;)

Patrick

I thought it needed wiring between trip reset and ground, my bad, I will correct this in the PWB now, as it is not difficult. will be fixed in the next version, and then it will be on the terminal block. then someone can put a switch on the inside of the chassis. also that behavior is configurable.

I am probably going to re-do the first layout, reusing the stuff that I have learned. Also if I remember correctly, that one had a switch on board.

edit. The connector has been fixed and a pull down added. thus the problem will be fixed for the GB.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.