Pass "DeLite" Amp from BAF

My experience is that you can use an IRFP240 as the upper
transistor and save lots of money. To the extent that you
want a pure current source and can spare a volt, you can
raise the value of its Source resistor also.

:cool:

And it works :D. Thanks a lot . So I set R5 1,47 for now , if it is correct probably we can also rise the rail Voltage to 40 volts or so :)

Attachments

• FIGURE CS IRFP.png
    FIGURE CS IRFP.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 819

ra7

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I may have missed it, but what sonic difference does it make?

Fran

Looking at ZV9, one would guess the CCS has many benefits, including less noise,
more power, less distortion, less energy dissipated as heat. Only Papa can provide
exact figures.

One would think that this circuit is simpler than the original zen and has less
parts. With the Semisouth JFETs, it must have much less distortion also.

Last edited:
I built something quite similar using the IRFP240 throughout. Still playing nice, being fed by a surplus 24VDC/10A linear power supply. I am planning to add a 'soft start' in my next build to eliminate 'thumps' at start-up. Forum member Geek shows how to do it here, and I see no reason why it shouldn't work for schem posted in post 605. Or am I am missing something?

I built something quite similar using the IRFP240 throughout. Still playing nice, being fed by a surplus 24VDC/10A linear power supply. I am planning to add a 'soft start' in my next build to eliminate 'thumps' at start-up. Forum member Geek shows how to do it here, and I see no reason why it shouldn't work for schem posted in post 605. Or am I am missing something?

Well the post 605 shows the amp with the upper part with an enhancement mode device , which is the IRFP240 or the IRFP 044 of course - . The lower part is self biased by the depletion mode Mosfet and the Power Resistor . So looking at it , we see that there isn't the typical feedback or loop resistor to set the bias .
Though , the music is quite a bit ...let's say different (?) ;) regarding the version when both gain devices are enhancement mode .

Oh the amp doesnt have thumps at turning on to worry about , but here there is tons of filtering :D

Last edited: