FirstWatt J2

I have problems both to believe in this and also to actually hear it - old ears!?
:wchair:
Sound of missing LEDs? Well, I am open minded. If someone hear this, fine! But it is easy to be fooled.
And I agree with Papa that the semiconductors are the important parts, the good resistors is the spice on the dish. (OK, LEDs are semiconductors...
But do not let me hinder you drilling holes in your FW amplifiers etc :rolleyes:

/RK

I have problems both to believe in this and also to actually hear it - old ears!?
:wchair:
Sound of missing LEDs? Well, I am open minded. If someone hear this, fine! But it is easy to be fooled.
And I agree with Papa that the semiconductors are the important parts, the good resistors is the spice on the dish. (OK, LEDs are semiconductors...
But do not let me hinder you drilling holes in your FW amplifiers etc :rolleyes:

/RK

John Curl speaks against them, calling them RF devices, but i leave it to you to decide. I think I am personally limited in my abilities more than the LED is limiting the sound.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
2. anybody got an angle on audiophool fuses?

Try using ceramic fuses instead of glass, particularly in low-current, front-end gear.
It makes a surprising difference. (Someone will undoubtably say- Yeah, because the contacts are cleaner on new fuses!) ;)

I've tried from glass to ceramic to ACME to HI-FI Tuning Gold to HIFI-Tuning Supreme fuses.
They do make a difference. Too bad they are designed to POP! :D

V~

We should not pooh-pooh those who hear differences between fuses and all sorts of strange things. It could be something behind it. Or could not.
But I believe more in well designed amplifiers and loudspeakers, and one should not forget the listening room's impact of course. What is wrong with these cannot be healed with exotic fuses, bypassing speaker terminals, turning off LEDs and so on. But maybe some of it could be the icing of the cake....?:eek: