The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

to WBS

Some good music! I also listen to Air and Thievery Corporation.
Didn't know the others. I will have a listen.....
Sometimes easy listening, sometimes rock, sometimes classic, sometimes jazz,...
:D
Greets
Dirk
p.s.: I hope you are away from the fires in California!
In the south-east storm and to much water - crazy!
+ Pandemia!

Hey cubicincher!

It sounds like we have very similar tastes in music. If you like I can PM you the names of some others as well.

One thing I liked about Spotify was the ease with which I discovered artists previously unknown to me that I like. :)

The day before yesterday was the first day our air quality was below 200 and into the green!

Just prior to the fires, my wife and I took one of our "COVID escape" drives out to Lake Berryessa and up into Lake County, returning home to Napa after a few hours. Three days later the electrical storm then ignited the conflagration in the areas we had just toured.

Yesterday we retraced our route and were saddened to see the level of destruction. However, there were homes in the middle of it that were spared. Our hearts go out to those who suffered such great loss.

It may be they are only available 16/44.1

I did see a master for zero 7 and in fact found a track I really liked ‘somersault’ feat. Sia ...thx for that!

Not exactly my style but I’ll dig around in the bands you mentioned, sorry I dumped you into the classical category but that’s usually the biggest complaint about tidal.....limited classical.

You might like this new song I found the other day by - king gizzard and the wizard lizard- ‘straws in the wind’

Attachments

• DB7CC581-9931-4C6D-9288-AC66951C7C45.jpg
    DB7CC581-9931-4C6D-9288-AC66951C7C45.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
Wonderful, funny to see the "step back" reflex, not to overload a standard microphone / recording setup.
Seen several other singers turning their head away in the loud passages.... we unfortunately get nowhere near the real dynamics in the recordings. And then compression compression compression :p

new rack for more stuff

Hello members,

I have built a nice little exra hifi-rack the last few weeks.
The black corpus is made of MDF and painted in glossy black (took most of the time). the shelves are made of beech.
Now I have some more room for preamps ! :yes:

My hifi -'illness' gets worse and worse..... :rolleyes:

I wish you all nice listening!

Greets
Dirk

Attachments

• new-rack-for-pres-phonopres.jpg
    new-rack-for-pres-phonopres.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 144