Manu's HK Tower & ZM's Silver Turm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
beauty top left ch 2

Attachments

• beauty2.jpg
    beauty2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 653
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
same - other channel - origigi Silver pcb

lookie - predriver/driver htsnk isn't L shaped - it's smaller

they're (both) scorching hot , even on bias set by SM;

I need to make biggest I can squeeze in , to be able to up bias ........ plan is 40W on heatsinks .... ~ 500mA Iq , or just 10W per output xistor

Attachments

• originalpcb.jpg
    originalpcb.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 643
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:
Good work and a good find:cool:
How does it sound?

:)

Manu will tell how his HK sounds (ditto from box , untouched , with all these years on shoulders , without any tweak ) comparing to his A5

I didn't fired up my yet , except on the bench ;
anyway - I tested ( repaired ) one combo few years ago - that's why I had idea to pursuing them

for testing purposes , I tried it in clipping too ;
you can imaging how heavy clip is - 80Vpp , with enough sine input (at 440Hz) that looks almost as perfect square :rofl:

OK - I cheated - without load on output

edit :

plan is - to exchange all resistors to MF , tweak input resistance , check dissipation of predrivers , change input cap , decrease Iq ( to burning hand point ~ 40-50W/channel) tweak value of 1uF cap across Vbe multiplier ( bias xistor) ;

after that - preamp - HK725 ; it's in fact very nice discrete OP with Jfet input ;

maybe I'll call it DOSNS10 - Death Of Steen's NS10 ....... :clown:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.