Choky Susy F3 for LU1014's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hmmm, I've come into ownership of some 625 VA dual primary torroids. I might have to do a bit of reading about how much inductance the choke load needs to have :) I've the lu parts on hand too, and a pair of 4ru cases... This feels like divine co incidence... :)

Actually, I've quite a few of them, I could parallel them for more inductance? Hmmmm

Last edited:
Joined 2010
Paid Member
:blush:

Thank you Zen Mod. Less indeed. :blush:

Do you by chance have any suggestions on minimum inductance for the choke load? I saw the ever amazing Donut thread stated the bloody enormous air coil came in at 90mH, NP discusses various VA's of transformer's he used (300VA and 1.5kVA), and I recall seeing a pair of 1kVA transformers that you had hold of in some thread somewhere. The transformers I have come in at 0.3H or so per primary, so I'm trying to work out if they are suitable.

Now i'd better go back to reading my old textbooks so I don't make that sort of mistake again :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.