Choky Susy F3 for LU1014's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Frankly scared of Magura's creation. It looks like a brain zapping attachement.
I am glad it brings good sound. The work is amazing, even if it sounds bad.

quoting Metaldanske , at Serbian Diyaudio :

So, how does it sound?

Hmm, compared to the F3, it leaves the F3 in the dust. Compared to a beefed up F3, still better in every aspect. Compared to choke loaded F3, something like it, but still a lot more natural, better low, and mid. The highs I remember as being mighty impressive on the choke loaded F3, and it's a long time ago since I had that amp, so hard to be sure.

Fact is though that this is real good.

Now after warming up for a couple of hours, it has reached the temperature of an Eskimo's ***.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I am interested in not getting testicle repair,
and I got a stock F3 clone that needs to hit the shop for sound improvement.
Any thread or schematic of F3 choke loaded? Choke loading what?
Carpenters, choke loaded LU amp sounds good. I think it was choke loaded. Heavy as a Mf...........

Something similar.....yet different :)

Hi,
Played around with these a few years back and came up with a few amps that sounded really nice, they can be seen here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/75644-my-jfet-project.html
IIRC i did add a "bleeder" to add some extra bias current on mosfet in the classB version of the circlotron amp.

/Anders

Magura: Just putting some finishing touches on the field coil ps. After that i am all set for DK!

Last edited:
Well, that kinda "half" a truth.

This is actually made in a way that we (Choky ans yours truly), have made other things in the past.

The process works like this:

1) I get an insane idea (happens frequently)

2) Choky tries to point me in direction of a less insane solution ( we have lately agreed to skip step 2)

3) I babble some more about this insane idea

4) Choky comes up with a circuit that incorporates the above mentioned insane idea.

5) I complain about different aspects of Choky's implementation

6) Choky tries to make me understand why the above mentioned aspects are so

7) We make a deal about some, and change some.

8) Project is ready

Magura :)

Now that I've had the chance to get a bit more acquainted with the amps, everything is still as expected.

I am still to find any shortcomings or flaws. It is as effortless and clear as an AX-100, as alive and involving as an F3, and does the job in any aspect as well as I have heard possible from any previous amp.

Today I got the chance to turn it up a bit (ok, a bit more than a bit), and no matter what the volume setting is, it still sounds the same, clear and effortless.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
You Sir, must learn to pay attention :rofl:

....you were the one to question MY sanity?? :D

you know - besides other things ( multitasking is just modern word , meaning is old ) , in last few hours only my legs were visible from MJK sheets ...... trying to solve some issues , which luckily were nothing else than already well known short circ between two headphones ..... :rofl:

so - it's pretty logical that I slipped from my mind few hundred PMs and e-mails , with your FRs as subject ....

:eek: :D

edit:

besides - if 604s aren't your cup of tea ..... there is something really rotten in Danskeland

:rofl: :devily:

editedit :

anyway - sissy choke with just 2x80mH isn't good enough for 604

:devilr:

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.