F5 power amplifier

So one turbo and and one intercooler per bank... so this must be the whole blueprint here then-

Porsche_Moby_Dick_cutaway_by_Shin_Yoshikawa.78210626_std.jpg

AlberNL,

What dimensions are the room? Is it square, rectanglar, ect?

Try moving them out about 3-4 feet from the back wall. They look like they are about 2.5 ft from the back wall now. Looks too close in my opinion.

Where are your sidewalls in respect to the center of the driver?

The room is about 5m x 8m. The photo shows a 5m wall, with the system setup in the middle (in front of vertical blinds hiding a 3m wide sliding glass door (OXXO)). The tiles are 30x30 so give some idea of size. The lens in my Nokia N95 is not so good, so it is difficult to see that the speakers are actually more than 1m from the wall.

Does anyone else have experience with these speakers?

2 secondaries

PRI = 230v ac Brown-Blue
SEC 35v ac / 4.3A
SEC 35v ac / 4.3A

two secondaries with no centre-tap, i got it wrong basically i cant use this with the F5 as the voltage is way to high
If using this transformer with the F5 is important to you then there is a solution.

Identify the midpoint of each 35Vac winding.
Split the winding at this exact 17.5Vac+17Vac midpoint.
Connect extra tails to the 4 wires either side of the two split windings.

You now have a quad secondary 17.5Vac+17.5Vac+17.5Vac+17.5Vac transformer.
Drive one channel from one pair of isolated windings.
Drive the other channel from the spare pair of isolated windings.

If you want more detail before you decide you want or are capable of going down this route, just ask.

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
shhh .......read while Mighty Pa isn't around , doing what every Mighty Pa does

..... while he isn't around ...

for uninitiated ( which I was too , 'till I found this ) :

Interrossiter

1. A fictional device from the film "This Island Earth" (1955, q.v.) which is an extremely powerful and flexible (if somewhat bulky)combined communications, computation and weapons system.

2. By derivation, any desireable new gadget with lots of cool features, for example a multifunction colour printer/scanner/copier, often the property of another, resulting in repeated violations of the Tenth Commandment ("thou shalt not covet ....").

3. Any piece of technical equipment beyond the understanding of Managers, e.g. pencil sharpener, doorknob, chair, cup.

4. The large-scale version of a "widget" or "thingie", which are usually quite small.
"Can you run me off a dozen copies of this on your Interrossiter ? I'll get you a coffee for it..."

moi JBrowned Papa - one R is missing .....

Attachments

• Viannen_loungelizard.gif
    Viannen_loungelizard.gif
    3.7 KB · Views: 668
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Andrew,

You proposal requires fiddling with the transformer windings.
See my proposed solution in post#11611.
You can leave the Tx as it is.

I have used it myself before. Else I would not recommend.

Patrick

Quad 306 uses such a circuit. Better buy a suitable transformer. Some things are simply better done electrically than electronically. Under load such circuits don't behave as well as a good old center tapped transformer.

Fiddling with the windings is an option when you are experienced, like to live dangerously and have too much free time. Otherwise don't bother.

Last edited: