F5 power amplifier

Remember the scene in My Cousin Vinny where the DA is asking the prosecution's witness about the equipment used to analyze evidence?

"I have a dual-column gas chromatograph, Hewlett-Packard model 5710a with flame analyzing detectors."

The D.A. quipped, "Does that thing come turbo-charged?" and

The witness answered, "Only on the floor models."

Last edited:
Two years ago i built an F5 using the Quad 306 circuit and a 35v transformer. (i was impatient to check the amp and had no proper transformer in hand)
It was working properly.
The drawback was i had to increase capacitance a lot. (On a filtering point of view, capacitors are serial connected this way and so value is halved)
After some time, i bought the proper transformer because my (big) capacitors were too cumbersome to be boxed.

Last edited:
A real F5 TURBO would use a flux capacitor!
It has the power needed for the most difficult loads. We will need to upgrade the power supply because the flux capacitor requires 1.21 gigawatts of electrical power to operate. Anyone for a transformer group buy?

BTW, it would not make an F5X, but rather a type of F5Y. (do I hear Nelson running to the patent office?)

Any way no point fitting Turbo intercooler and Nox if Chasis won't take it:D:D:D

Attachments

• Case 2 (1).jpg
    Case 2 (1).jpg
    600.9 KB · Views: 616
Has anyone tried to lower the Bias Current?
How will it sound and are there issues with Thermistor?
I need an Amp with relative low Power Consumption because I can't afford 24/7 running...
Remote Bias would be great :D

For cold winter days and/or active listening I have two over-biased Balanced F4's :)

Best regards

Felix