Found: source for cheap ladder attenuators

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Are these worth considering as a cost-effective substitute for the ladder attenuator on the the Aleph P? If so, which value would be most appropriate?

Paul

(who is starting to feel somewhat impoverished as the completion of his Aleph 5 AND Christmas approach in their combined assault on his wallet:bawling: )

Are these worth considering as a cost-effective substitute for the ladder attenuator on the the Aleph P? If so, which value would be most appropriate?

Cost effective substitute????
The true ladder type will actually work better.

The only drawback is that for XLR outputs one should use two of them since they are intended for stereo RCA (4 deck).

Bartek

zygibajt said:
Hi,

Does anyone know where not assembled kit or just the switch from this kit can be bought???

Bartek

Here's the e-mail of the seller kyc111@hotmail.com

He can do custom value and different resistors arrangement (wide or slim body)

While Dales are OK, they not great. I plan to replaced most frequently used resistors in a switch with better ones.;)

I just ordered one of the 10K Ladder attuenators from the Ebay offer. There are still 4 available in 10K.

I'm not sure a group buy gets us anything. Shipping is only $6 and the attuenator is $49.75 USD. Not sure what scales of economy could hapen here. It doesn't get any easier than using Ebay and PayPal.

Can't wait to get mine and try it out.

Just my $.02 worth,

-David

HI,

I was talking about kits offcourse, not the ready-soldered product form ebay.. the kits are much less expensive. Actually I'm not worried about the shipping-cost, but I have no way of contacting the seller of the kist... it's all chinese/japanes or whatever... I can't seem to use their website buying applet... So I'm still very interrested in a KIT-group-buy...

cya,
Thijs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.