What music did you last buy?

Chasing The Dragon by Mike Valentine. This is one of the best sounding audiophile recordings I have heard in many years. Simply outstanding!
Learn more

Attachments

• dragon.jpg
    dragon.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 111
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    703.8 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
I just got three vintage vinyl gems...
I went to the local mall...... to the F.Y.E. (for your entertainment) store where they have an almost insane amount of used vinyl for an average price of about $2. They are all 100% guaranteed.
I spent about 45 minutes there and only thumbed through small fraction of them . Nothing is in alphabetical order so, you never know what you might find. ...

Anyway......

1) Ian Hunter - You are Never Alone with a Schizophrenic

2) Dan Folgelberg - Greatest Hits

3) Robert Hazard (self titled debut album)

Total price for all three was $6.50
All needed a quick cleaning of course but there are no scratches and just a couple of very minor scuffs. All sound great. I could not be happier with them. :)

Last edited:
Today I got a Double Album

Tommy - The who (Original Decca pressing)

I also have Quadrophenia and its awesome as well!!!! (Also a double)

I think the NEWEST material I like from the who is thier 1981 album titled "Face Dances" which I have on cassette........

Some bands were good in the 80s but some were good earlier and THE WHO was insane from when they started thru the 70s!!

Yesterday I got a record :)

Marvin Gaye - Midnight love

Excellent album....... I had only heard 1 song from it (Sexual healing) but they are all excellent!! -- I didnt realise he died after making this record.... Very sad :(

JoeDJ said:
Just got another vintage vinyl gem in great condition . ......

BeeGees - The Best Of The BeeGees

This is the '69 pressing on the "ATCO" label containing their best early songs...... before they went disco .
I have a 1979 collection of thier greatest hits and its fabulous!!!! (2 record set)

^ ^ ^
That Sux... keep looking ........:)

I just got an original 1970 US pressing (ATCO SD2-704) of Eric Clapton (and friends) 2 record set...

Derek And The Dominos - Layla

The sleeve was in rough shape and needed a bit of repair.

The vinyl was also a bit "dirty".
However the 2 records cleaned up beautiful and only a couple of tiny very minor scuffs remained.

Anyway, they sound great ! :).

I found one today!!!

Why did they make the song 'SPICKS AND SPECKS' stereo when it was originally MONO?? (Usually when they do that it doesnt sound good @ all)

Hopefully it will sound alright...

I also got a pretty good TEST record for diagnosing issues,etc.........

They actually did a fairly good job converting "Spics And Specks" to stereo..
However , when it gets to that song, I just flip couple of switches and route it through the stereo ---> mono converter that I made.
It then sounds better...

In fact, I convert to mono all records that were "electronically converted" to "stereo". Most electronically converted to stereo records etc just just create two channels by altering the tonal balance ......... increasing the bass in one channel and decreasing it in the other, then doing the same thing to the treble ...... giving the perception of two different channels .

I also use it on all mono records and they even sound a bit better. :)

Last edited: