What music did you last buy?

I got 2 records on saturday :)

1) Cyndi Lauper - She's so unusual (Her first album (1983))
2) Bad Company - Rough Diamonds (Last album from the original band members (1982))

JoeDJ said:
They actually did a fairly good job converting "Spics And Specks" to stereo..
However , when it gets to that song, I just flip couple of switches and route it through the stereo ---> mono converter that I made.
It then sounds better...
Wow I didnt think of that!! (Well I dont have a stereo/mono switch to switch to mono on.... I do have one for my cassettes though and I listen to them all in Mono.))

Your right though,not a bad job on Spics and Specks!! -- I would love getting a MONO release of this album!!

The TEST record i got is "RCOA STEREO SYSTEMS TEST RECORD" (27012)

www.amazon.com/dp/B003MY13MK

The best record of its kind I have had! (Its pretty extensive)

Last edited:
Very good!!!!!!

I think her first is the BEST.... They quickly go down in quality (As most things did thru the 80s)

Actually, what might be considered Cyndi's first album is when she was with the NY City retro rock band "Blue Angel". They only released one self tiled album before Cyndi when solo.
It is essentially a Cyndi Lauper album and IMO, is probably her best .

It was released in vinyl and CD but it is a bit rare......actually, the CD is rarer than the vinyl . I happened to get both .
Even the CD is not bad but, of course I prefer the Vinyl :)

http://youtu.be/X-q73ZZBYWg

http://youtu.be/0t6DG2kZDh4

http://youtu.be/e-d9zBrtgUk

Last edited:
Ya I read about that it said it was a "Commerical Flop" -- I might have to look for the record!

She did reg rock then right? (Not like whats on her 1983 album)

Cyndi actually re-recoded a couple of the songs on the Blue Angel album for her solo albums .
Personally I don't see too much difference in style between the BA album and her solo debut album .
Although, the BA album does have a harder R&R feel to it that I like. :)

Last edited:
Salyu 10th Anniversary concert Ariga10 First Limited Edition DVD with 2 audio CDs of concert program.

Attachments

• b01.jpg
    b01.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 73
I had my eye on it since released and I have not purchased a brand new record since about 1979.

Since there is a bidding war going on on for an (audio related) item that I'm selling on E-bay (and there is still 5 days left in the auction) I figure why not go for it . ......so I did .....

I'm referring to ....
The recently released, completely analog mastered........

Beatles White Album ....... in MONO!. :)

I found a vendor on E-Bay selling seal copies for a great price (cheapest that I've found) with free shipping .

Last edited:
I found another copy of BEST OF BEE GEES (1969) today @ my friends and I got it because the one I have has 1 or 2 skips @ the end of MASSACHUSETS on side 2.... It sucks.... There was a skip @ the beggining of WORDS also (side 1) but I got that out....... I cant get the ones in massachusets out.... (Well I havent been able to yet anyway)

The 1 I found today is a first pressing but it sounds like crap.. The first songs audio is horrible (Like listening to an AM station off frequency (In some spots (Like it was TOO LOUD))) and the song WORDS the music is quite low..... The re-issue I have is much better except for the skipping In massachusets.. Ah well,its an excellent set of music!! -- The 60s was quite a decade!!!!!!

I also got a greatest hits collection (2 record set) from Gordon Lightfoot (1975 release (Gords Gold)) -- Also A good singer!!!!!!!!

Seems like s like you having a rough time finding a good copy ....

I've been there a few times and finally bit the bullet and spent a few dollars (E-Bay) for an album that I wanted

However, I have been pretty lucky finding quality vinyl locally for a dollar or two.

More vintage vinyl .......

Poco - Legend
Judy Collins - Hard Time For Lovers

Last but not least....

Scandal- self titled
This is their debut album that has the first release of "Goodbye To you" and "Love's Got A Line On You".
There are actually only 5 songs on the whole album and there are more lead out grooves than modulated grooves.

On the plus side.... there is no filler and the whole album is great.!
Also, there can not possibly be any inner groove distortion .:)

Attachments

• scanxx11.jpg
    scanxx11.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 70
Last edited: