New 3 Way project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here they are, the TL's I've made for such Monacor's

Attachments

• DSCN1223.jpg
    DSCN1223.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 220
Hello again,

Now testing my setups :
Amp: onkyo a-8170
Dac:xiang sheng dac 01a(waiting for new tube and opamp for upgrade)
First speakers : xt25tg30+faital pro 4fe35 + peerless p830657 (primitive test crossover)
Comments:

Woofers are not here yet so using temporary woofers.
First impressions: HF are very detailed and very very smooth wonderfull, but overall the best of all were the vocals, these little faital pro are simply magic, very neutral but also extrimely natural as designed for pro monitors i guess. Really suprised by the results (compared to jamo concert II, focal chorus and second speakers)
Tested them on very large choice of songs, even hard rock and specially hq s&m : no saturation at all! Vocals are clear and wonderfull, some instruments (piano, saxo,....) results are very satifying so far. I expected the HF to be more noticeable as the xt25 is supposed to be more sensitive than the 4fe35 but feel the opposit , mids are a bit higher i will work on thé crossover once i receive the woofers

Second speakers : break-in still ongoing I couldn't not give a try for a full range speakers : alpair 7p. I think I will use the monacor sph-165 to assit them on bass.... For now first speakers are much brighter,much more detailed,i hope the alpair will reduce the gap after full break-in (now just arround 50 hrs)
Updates will be here asap.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.