GOTO 6-way TimeAligned Horn System

BD4s are properly installed in special enclosure...650hz LeCleach.
And it is perfectly matches with 120hz half-circle LeCleach horn.
Sound is just amazing! Never ever expected such a realism!
Usually I always had some issues to complain, but now not.
Now everything is just perfect and even exceeds my expectation.
To good to be true!
Thanx to Filip and his BD4!!!
IMG_2892.JPG.62d1d6432020f95223fab28ea4ede657.JPG

BD4s are properly installed in special enclosure...650hz LeCleach.
And it is perfectly matches with 120hz half-circle LeCleach horn.
Sound is just amazing! Never ever expected such a realism!
Usually I always had some issues to complain, but now not.
Now everything is just perfect and even exceeds my expectation.
To good to be true!
Thanx to Filip and his BD4!!!
IMG_2892.JPG.62d1d6432020f95223fab28ea4ede657.JPG

nice.

Your problem now is to match your low midrange horn with bass.

i don't see how you can integrate them.....

I know. A ported jbl 2225 playing from 65-80Hz up to 200Hz. I know his half-cirle horn goes down to 120Hz, but the JBL sounds a bit awkward when crossed between such a small range. The half-cirlcle horn might actually sound cleaner if crossed a bit higher, say from 180-200Hz to 650Hz.

I know. A ported jbl 2225 playing from 65-80Hz up to 200Hz. I know his half-cirle horn goes down to 120Hz, but the JBL sounds a bit awkward when crossed between such a small range. The half-cirlcle horn might actually sound cleaner if crossed a bit higher, say from 180-200Hz to 650Hz.

I'm not using high pass crossover for 120hz horn.
Not typical solution, but I really like the result!

Murata

change from my lower midrange horn to direct radiator 12" covering from 50hz up, avoiding crossover at 150hz, was a big improvement.
I like your move to not high-pass , but permit your 120hz horn to roll-off naturally.

For bass horns (means long) you need 4th order low-pass to keep it free from horn coloration. May be this was a problem in your case ?

If i were you, i would out of curiosity test your Goto 188bl treble from ~10khz up and see how it sounds.

AER is so good at 10khz that I'm not looking for anything else anymore.

Hi Murata

It seems you change the TDA1540 DAC by Trinity DAC , Why?

Yes...it was interesting journey with TDA1540...my idea was to avoid output buffer of DAC which is usually using transistors and even OPamps.
So, simplest idea to implement was to take TDA1541 and make single-ended tube output. Result was really great! And I also was impressed that TDA1540 is better sounding than 1541...more analog like.

But Trinity is outstanding...it has no output buffer at all. So, shortest possible signal path - 8pcs of 1704 in parallel driving 2-tact pentodes.
Theoretically only MSB Select can compete, because it is also has no output buffer, so I'm looking forward to compare it with Trinity. My friend in Vilnius has and now distributor in Moscow has, so I have good chance.

Yes...it was interesting journey with TDA1540...my idea was to avoid output buffer of DAC which is usually using transistors and even OPamps.
So, simplest idea to implement was to take TDA1541 and make single-ended tube output. Result was really great! And I also was impressed that TDA1540 is better sounding than 1541...more analog like.

But Trinity is outstanding...it has no output buffer at all. So, shortest possible signal path - 8pcs of 1704 in parallel driving 2-tact pentodes.
Theoretically only MSB Select can compete, because it is also has no output buffer, so I'm looking forward to compare it with Trinity. My friend in Vilnius has and now distributor in Moscow has, so I have good chance.

40th euros for a dac.... !!!!

no thanks.