GOTO 6-way TimeAligned Horn System

Filip says that he didn't remember speaking to Haralanov and definitely never sent BD1 or BD3, so interesting what experience he really had.
It looks like some people cannot keep memories for more than 12 months. These are the drivers he never sent:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Yes, Haralanov, tell us what driver better than AER ? :)
These drivers are not for sale and cannot be found in the shop.

Hi,

I have had both the BD1 and the BD3 too, and my experience was different. The difference may be due to the fact that used both of the AER drivers in the Oris 150 horn. In the Oris 150, the BD3 was clearly better, which may not be suprising in my application since the T/S parameters for the BD3 is more suitable for horn loading (much stronger magnet..).

Best regards
Peter

I had BD3 and BD1 in my home for a month and from what I heard, I think you'll be (very) disappointed by the sound of BD3. BD1 is more natural sounding.

Last edited:
The difference may be due to the fact that used both of the AER drivers in the Oris 150 horn.
May be that's the reason, because your waveguide acoustically amplify the lower range, adds a lot of internal reflections to the sound and masks the thin and hard sounding upper midrange and lower HF of BD3, which without the "help" of a waveguide, makes music to sound as if it is performed by robots, not by humans.

It looks like some people cannot keep memories for more than 12 months. These are the drivers he never sent:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

These drivers are not for sale and cannot be found in the shop.

I see! Can you record sound of your driver to camera and post here ?
I'm really interesting in what can be better than AER!

Hi,

I have had both the BD1 and the BD3 too, and my experience was different. The difference may be due to the fact that used both of the AER drivers in the Oris 150 horn. In the Oris 150, the BD3 was clearly better, which may not be suprising in my application since the T/S parameters for the BD3 is more suitable for horn loading (much stronger magnet..).

Best regards
Peter

Thank you, Peter, for your feedback. I'll soon have BD1, BD3 and hopefully BD4 to compare them in my system at 500hz+ range.

Hi,

Best regards
Peter

Peter

why did you stick to the TPL150, and not to the AER's ?

Hi Angelo,

I do not want to high-jack the thread, sorry, but here goes:
In my view the AER BD3's in Oris horns were excellent for acoustic music. Female voices were incredibly natural, clear and detailed. Presence was extraordinary. However, when listening to rock music they at times got somewhat 'thin' sounding, missing the weighty punch that different kinds of drivers can provide. At that time the AER BD3/Oris combo were accompanied by large 29 Hz, straight(!) bass horns each loaded with double 15" woofers, and the AER/Oris combo ran out of gas relative to the bass horns with regards to impact. So at that time I changed to compression drivers - without any success, though, which may have to do with my abilities, or lack off... Due to a divorce I had to let the bass horns go and down scale. Now I have vented caps with JBL 2245H for bass, conical horns with Fane Studio 8M for mids and a horn loaded Beyma TPL-150 as tweeters. Because I sold the AERs to provide money for new drivers, I never had a chance to compare the AERs to the Beyma TPLs directly. I should say that I really like naturalness of AMTs. I have 8 large mid/high AMTs waiting in the cupboard to be mounted in an open baffle (4 per side) to be used from 300-400 Hz and all the way up, but I haven't got to it yet due to too much work...

Best regards
Peter

Peter

why did you stick to the TPL150, and not to the AER's ?

Last edited:
Hi POOH,

The AMT drivers are open back and made by Bernd Lohmann, Germany. They use a 600 cm2 membrane made of Kapton folded into an AMT with the outer measures of 19 cm high x 12 cm wide (the actual membrane exit is more like app. 15 cm x 5 cm). The stock version is 89 dB/1w sensitive, but the ones I have are made with stronger magnets and are 92 dB/1w sensitive with a 4 Ohm (flat) resistance. Power handling is 60 W per unit. They can be used from 300-18,000 Hz (i.e. with the benefit of having no cross-over components and potential phase shifts above 300 cycles). I actually haven't tried these yet, but only an older version that dropped off at 10,000 Hz in the highs. At least to my ears even the older version was very clear, detailed and natural sounding down to 300 Hz, which made me go for the new ones. I hope to try out the new ones (4 in a straight line [2 in parallel, 2 in series] achieving a 98 dB/1w - 4 Ohm sensitivity) at some point in the winter to come.

Best regards
Peter

So what exactly are those "large" AMT?

Spiral bass horn is back :)
My mistake, that it was connected with 2nd order filter, so quite big range played together with mid-horn, so overall resolution in this range was lower than without spiral horn.
But then I feel that 21" vented sub can't reach same transparency and clarity of higher range, so I've replaced sub with spiral horn and use 4th order filter.
Measured SPL is very impressive:
57165297af5ba_2016-04-1918.39.09.png.c324c0303c436896fb6e84ceae4ebde3.png

The only problem is that it can't play loud...6" diaphragm not good for high SPLs at 20hz :)
I'll see want to do next, but definitely spiral bass horn with GOTO 146 inside is best bass I ever heard.

Systema Murata maybe do you like probe Feastrex top Japan fullrange with excitation and Voxativ wood cone top german full range driver

I heard Festrex and my friend already evaluated all others and they are far away from AER.
Major fault of others is HF. Only AER has best HF I've ever heard!
BTW, today I've recorded to my iPhone comparison of BD4 and BD3B:

https://youtu.be/EXfbRBZ1XBs